Results From OpenSocial / W3C Workshop

Ryan Baxter

Sep 16, 2013, 9:10:43 PM9/16/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
It has been a month since the Workshop and I was wondering what decisions / outcomes came from the various discussions.  I found this executive summary.  Which is pretty good but all the links to the slides are broken.  It also mentions a working group but does not provide a link to the group.  Does anyone have any further information?

James M Snell

Sep 16, 2013, 9:33:09 PM9/16/13
to OpenSocial

Harry Halpin from the w3c has a draft of the report available.  I will encourage him to post it here soon.

On Sep 16, 2013 6:10 PM, "Ryan Baxter" <rbax...@gmail.com> wrote:
It has been a month since the Workshop and I was wondering what decisions / outcomes came from the various discussions.  I found this executive summary.  Which is pretty good but all the links to the slides are broken.  It also mentions a working group but does not provide a link to the group.  Does anyone have any further information?

Matthew Marum

Sep 17, 2013, 12:17:22 PM9/17/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
There has been significant discussion of the workshop on the W3C Social Business Community Group which you ought to be able to join if you haven't already.

There's a process for creating W3C Working Groups that involves drafting a charter and then having it approved, etc.  Hopefully you'll hear a lot more about new Working Group(s) over the next couple of months.

The summary you've linked is the report Harry has been working on with the SocBiz community group.

Matt

Ryan Baxter

Sep 17, 2013, 7:37:56 PM9/17/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
So what is the future of this list if all the work is happening over on W3C?