Public Domain Concordance

evstevemd

Apr 18, 2012, 3:07:21 PM4/18/12
to Open Scriptures
Hi,
Is there anywhere I can get SQL friendly data for public domain
concordance like KJV's?
Any other concordance/pointers to data is appreciated

evstevemd

Apr 18, 2012, 3:12:24 PM4/18/12
to Open Scriptures
Shalom,
Stefano

Weston Ruter

Apr 18, 2012, 6:53:43 PM4/18/12
to openscr...@googlegroups.com
Do you mean Strong's concordance? I seem to remember someone putting Strongs into SQLite; you may search the archives here for that.

Butrus Damaskus

Apr 19, 2012, 2:41:06 AM4/19/12
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 12:53 AM, Weston Ruter <westo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you mean Strong's concordance? I seem to remember someone putting Strongs
> into SQLite; you may search the archives here for that.

I don't understand how strong numbers could help creating a concordance.

Weston Ruter

Apr 19, 2012, 2:53:33 AM4/19/12
to openscr...@googlegroups.com
Strong's is in fact a concordance for KJV: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strong%27s_concordance

evstevemd

Apr 19, 2012, 3:23:58 AM4/19/12
to Open Scriptures
You are right, I have printed copy of Strong's concordance as well as
Strong's Lexicon.
One more question: Should I search archives in this group or in OS
Git?

On Apr 19, 9:53 am, Weston Ruter <westonru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Strong's is in fact a concordance for KJV:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strong%27s_concordance
>
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Butrus Damaskus <butrus.but...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 12:53 AM, Weston Ruter <westonru...@gmail.com>
> @westonruter <http://twitter.com/westonruter> -
> LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/westonruter>-
> Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/westonruter> -
> Google+<https://plus.google.com/u/0/113853198722136596993/about>

Weston Ruter

Apr 19, 2012, 6:25:21 AM4/19/12
to openscr...@googlegroups.com
You can find data in the openscriptures/strongs repo: https://github.com/openscriptures/strongs

evstevemd

Apr 19, 2012, 7:42:02 AM4/19/12
to Open Scriptures
Hi Weston,
are you talking about that Lexicon?
I'm finding a Concordance that takes a word and lists scriptures,
something like
http://www.godrules.net/library/topics/topic1.htm
God bless you
Stefano

Robert Rouse

Apr 19, 2012, 8:08:59 AM4/19/12
to openscr...@googlegroups.com
Below are links to some files that have Strong’s Concordance in SQL-friendly formats:

CSV format: http://soulliberty.com/MetaV/Downloads/txt/Strongs.csv
SQLLite (bzip’d file – you’ll need to unzip it): http://nathan.smithfam.info/files/strongs.sqlite.bz2 - from Nathan Smith following up on an earlier thread here, which is what I used to make the CSV file.

Both of those draw from the data put on GitHub by David Troidl, which is here: https://github.com/openscriptures/strongs.  If you also need to correlate the Strong’s data file with the words in the KJV, you can do that with SQL-type queries using the data I’ve put here: http://soulliberty.com/metav-downloads

evstevemd

Apr 19, 2012, 8:17:58 AM4/19/12
to Open Scriptures
Thanks Robert,
I appreciate that and may God bless you
Stefano

On Apr 19, 3:08 pm, Robert Rouse <soullibe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Below are links to some files that have Strong’s Concordance in SQL-friendly formats:
>
> CSV format:http://soulliberty.com/MetaV/Downloads/txt/Strongs.csv
> SQLLite (bzip’d file – you’ll need to unzip it):http://nathan.smithfam.info/files/strongs.sqlite.bz2- from Nathan Smith following up on an earlier thread here, which is what I used to make the CSV file.

Butrus Damaskus

Apr 19, 2012, 4:29:09 PM4/19/12
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Weston Ruter <westo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Strong's is in fact a concordance for
> KJV: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strong%27s_concordance

No, it isn't. In theory it is a concordance for the "original
languages". Practically it is a nonsense...

Seth Washeck

Apr 19, 2012, 4:36:50 PM4/19/12
to openscr...@googlegroups.com
I have a functional concordance of the SBLGNT. It's basically a lucene index of the text  https://github.com/swasheck/greek/tree/master/word_index

You can use it with Luke (the java-based Lucene index explorer), Lucene.NET, pylucene, and good old original Lucene.

Additionally, I have a table in my postgres database called wordlocations. You can DL/fork it from here  https://github.com/swasheck/sblgnt

Seth Washeck

Apr 19, 2012, 4:37:28 PM4/19/12
to openscr...@googlegroups.com
If there's an permissively-licensed English text, I'd be happy to index that as well.

Kahunapule Michael Johnson

Apr 19, 2012, 9:34:26 PM4/19/12
to openscr...@googlegroups.com
http://eBible.org/web/ is Public Domain and modern English...

John Dyer

Apr 19, 2012, 10:50:27 PM4/19/12
to openscr...@googlegroups.com
Also, check out http://openenglishbible.org/ for a free english text.

JD
--
John Dyer - http://j.hn/

Seth Washeck

evstevemd

Apr 30, 2012, 9:17:08 AM4/30/12
to Open Scriptures

On Apr 20, 5:50 am, John Dyer <johnd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, check outhttp://openenglishbible.org/for a free english text.
>
> JD
>
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 8:34 PM, Kahunapule Michael Johnson <

Is this not the Bible not concordance?

> --
> John Dyer -http://j.hn/

kri...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2012, 12:47:43 PM11/7/12
to openscr...@googlegroups.com
One tip, LEB removes almost the half of the new testament, stear away :)
https://sourceforge.net/projects/scripture/files/Bible_Content You can find some data here.

Seth Washeck

Nov 8, 2012, 3:20:20 PM11/8/12
to openscr...@googlegroups.com, kri...@gmail.com
That's a remarkable claim. Care to substantiate it further?

kri...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2012, 3:30:16 PM11/8/12
to openscr...@googlegroups.com, kri...@gmail.com

The following were of mystics, and also of gnostics. (Now found as sinai and vatican doctrines)
ancestors of alexandrian (Socalled lost, but very few) ->Papyrus 66 200AD ->Papyrus 75 200AD ->Codex B 4th cent ->Codex Aleph 4th cent ->RV 1881 ->ASV 1901 ->RSV 1946 ->New English Bible 1961

Ancestors of western family (very few manuscripts) ->Old latin version 2nd cent ->Latin Vulgate 4th cent ->Codex D 5th or 6th cent ->Codex D2 6th cent ->Codex E2 7th cent ->Douay rheims 1582 ->good news bible

LEB yet another result of this, check out these following/how the future for it is (yet not fully, but I'm sure it will be introduced into the world very widely), now we can see the preview of it (removed verses):
.Mat 17:21 leb .Mat 17:21 leb .Mat 18:11 leb .Mat 23:14 leb .Mar 7:16 leb .Mar 9:44 leb .Mar 9:46 leb .Mar 11:26 leb .Mar 15:28 leb .Luk 17:36 leb .Luk 23:17 leb .Joh 5:4 leb .Act 28:29 leb

Origen, being a textual critic, is supposed to have corrected numerous portions of the sacred manuscripts. Evidence to the contrary shows he changed them to agree with his own human philosophy of mystical and allegorical ideas. Thus, though deceptive scholarship of this kind, certain manuscripts became corrupt. Les Garret, 1982. Witch Bible Can We Trust? Christian Centre Press p.16

"We need to understand, that many of the new translations are taken from old manuscripts. People think that these are more reliable. In actual fact they are saying, that a manuscript found in a waste paper basket in a cave in MT. Sinai and questionable manuscripts from Alexandria in Egypt, are more reliable than the Received Text." Les Garret, 1982. Witch Bible Can We Trust? Christian Centre Press p.15

How and why will we more likely consider these following below: ? They are plenty, not hidden, nor mystic.

Lost manuscripts of the traditional texts (thousands of manuscripts) Every bible before 1914 ->Peshitta Syriac 2nd cent. ->Gothic Version 4th cent ->Codex W(matthew) 4 or 5th cent ->Codex A(gospels) 5th cent ->The vast majority of extant New testament Manuscripts ->kjv 1611

Tydale used the Receieved Text in his Bible and said to the Pope: "If God spare my life, before many years i will cause a boy that drieth a plough to know more of the Scriptures than thou doest."

Another important remark, removing most verses as most modern bible versions does, takes away more of the ability of people actually hearing the complete spirit of what the bible holds. Do we give other humans the ability to judge whats right and wrong when they never hear about it?. Of course this is well known how the modern bible companies work.

If you would like to know more, let me know. There is videos on the subject, and much more.

jacqueline...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2019, 2:53:39 PM4/24/19
to Open Scriptures
I am looking to buy a old concordance but i want it to be at least 100 years old

Tahor SuiJuris Ben

Apr 26, 2019, 11:45:36 AM4/26/19
to openscr...@googlegroups.com
What name and author of the Concordance are you seeking?

Tahor SuiJuris Ben Beriyth
Ahayahyashayadah
h1961 h3467 h3034
Proverbs 15:32
A MANDATORY verbal "confession" in sequence Colossians 3:17 / John 14:6 / John 6:44
http://literateaspects.com(under construction)
Acts 17:26, 27 / Judges 2:3, 22
•a  TIMElimitfor  all  to  SEEK•
Deuteronomy 4:28, 29 / Isaiah 55:6, 7

> I am looking to buy a old concordance but i want it to be at least 100 years old

jonathon

Apr 26, 2019, 9:17:39 PM4/26/19
On 4/24/19 4:33 PM, jacqueline williams wrote:

> I am looking to buy a old concordance but i want it to be at least 100 years old

Why not use any of the following, or others at archive.org?
https://archive.org/details/crudenscompletec00crud/page/n6
https://archive.org/details/holybiblecontain00brow/page/n945
https://archive.org/details/newconcordancedi00butt/page/n8

jonathon

Tahor SuiJuris Ben

Apr 26, 2019, 9:26:22 PM4/26/19
to openscr...@googlegroups.com
Would it be prudent to have specific reasoning for a choice outside of age?

Would you appreciate an example?