Issue with strong's dictionary

scruf...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2014, 5:12:03 PM1/1/14
to openscr...@googlegroups.com
I think I have found an error in the Greek Strong's dictionary:

"G138":{"derivation":"probably akin to G142 (ἕλλομαι);","lemma":"ἕλλομαι","kjv_def":"choose","strongs_def":" to take for oneself, i.e. to prefer"},

The lemma should be αἱρέω I think. Where is this data from?

scruf...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2014, 8:14:49 PM4/9/14
to openscr...@googlegroups.com, scruf...@gmail.com
This seems like a much bigger issue with the whole dictionary. If you take a look at the Greek dictionary (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openscriptures/strongs/master/greek/strongs-greek-dictionary.js) you can see that every time it says:

from G00000 (xxxxxx)

the word that is cited as the original word is always spelt the same as the current word, not the word with that strongs number. It must be an error in exporting the data or something. This looks like a pretty serious mistake.