Seeking to translate biblical proper nouns in other languages

ni...@cgpartnersllc.com

Feb 22, 2017, 12:18:29 PM2/22/17
to Open Scriptures
Hello,

I am working on a project to show what words people are searching for in the bible. I am getting the search terms from YouVersion, which is an app that operates all over the world, and so many of the search terms are in other languages. Often we can translate these words with Google Translate -- corazon is heart, paz is peace, etc. But for the proper nouns -- Deuteronomio, 1 Corintios and Marcos don't translate.

I was wondering if anyone in this group new of an API or dictionary that includes translated names of verses and names that could be used to connect Deuteronomio to Deuteronomy and Marcos to Mark for example.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

-Nina