Validate USX file

Simon Lindén

Sep 8, 2014, 7:23:34 AM9/8/14
to openscr...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
I am in the process of converting a bible translation to USX. I don't have access to any manual that dictates which tags to use in USX, but I have a set of XML files that use USX and the reference for USFM. My XML files go through a normal XML validation without any issues but there's also the option to validate it against an external XML schema – so I'm wondering if there is an XML schema for USX available for the public so that I can validate my files more specifically?

If not, perhaps someone can tell me wether or not these tags are alright in USX:

<b></b> (blank line, based on the \b tag in USFM)
<char style"nd">Lord</char> (small caps, based on \nd in USFM, I've seen the expression [Lord] used instead – is that how you tag small caps in USX?)
<cl>Psalm</cl> (based on \cl in USFM which determines if a word should precede every chapter number in that book. I would like to use this in Psalms but not sure how it's done in USX).

/Simon