dataset

Alexander Garcia Castro

May 11, 2017, 10:58:31 AM5/11/17
to openscienc...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I want to use the OSF to submit a dataset, nearly 1.5 TB. I need this because the journal requires authors to deposit datasets in repositories. Is size a problem in this case? for such a large dataset is there any programatic way to upload it?

Also, do I get a DOI for the dataset? is this dataset immediately available over SHARE?

How will this dataset be citable once in the OSF?

reb...@cos.io

May 11, 2017, 11:16:53 AM5/11/17
to Open Science Framework
Hi Alexander,

I hope you're doing well. If you wouldn't mind emailing this question to our user support address at con...@cos.io, I'll be more than happy to help you in submitting your dataset.

All the best,
Rebecca

Alexander Garcia Castro

May 11, 2017, 11:20:14 AM5/11/17
to openscienc...@googlegroups.com
sorry. done.

Philip Durbin

May 16, 2017, 8:55:22 AM5/16/17
to Open Science Framework
Hi Rebecca and Alexander,

Out of curiosity, what's the mechanism OSF uses for uploading datasets that are 1.5 TB in size? That's pretty big! :)

Thanks,

Phil

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 11:19 AM, Alexander Garcia Castro <alexg...@gmail.com> wrote:
sorry. done.

On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 10:58:31 AM UTC-4, Alexander Garcia Castro wrote:
Hi, I want to use the OSF to submit a dataset, nearly 1.5 TB. I need this because the journal requires authors to deposit datasets in repositories. Is size a problem in this case? for such a large dataset is there any programatic way to upload it?

Also, do I get a DOI for the dataset? is this dataset immediately available over SHARE?

How will this dataset be citable once in the OSF?

reb...@cos.io

May 18, 2017, 10:34:14 AM5/18/17
to Open Science Framework, philip...@harvard.edu
Hi all,

Since a few people have expressed interest in how we recommend handling larger files through the OSF, I thought I would share the information on this thread so that others who may be interested can see (this will be repeated information for Alexander and Phil here).

OSF Storage supports individual files that are 5 GB or less. In cases like this where you have a larger file, we recommend uploading to Amazon S3 and then connecting Amazon S3 as an add-on to your OSF project or component. You can then upload your file(s) from your Amazon S3 account to your OSF project or component without having to move your data.

You receive 5 GB of free storage on Amazon S3, but will need to pay for storage beyond that. The OSF doesn't cover this cost. This page lists the cost for the first 50 TB and above (it varies by region): https://aws.amazon.com/s3/pricing/.

I hope this helps! If anyone has additional questions about this process, please email me at con...@cos.io.

Best,
Rebecca