CSV to OpenSCADA communication for SCADA pages

Swapnil Kumbhar

Oct 9, 2013, 8:09:07 AM10/9/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

I am Electrical engineer from India.

i am trying to import my PLC (Allen Bradley ML11100 & ML1400) data by a GSM GPRS based VPN Router (eWONCD4101).

The Router sends the CSV files containing the data like time stamp, tag address and data via FTP Put. The data is stored in the PC based sever with the FTP Server.

I was wondering if i can read the data from different CSV files sent periodically by the Remote Router and make screens in the OpebSCADA for data visualization.

Need ur help!!!

Kind Regards,

Swapnil Kumbhar

Jens Reimann

Oct 15, 2013, 4:24:24 AM10/15/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello Swapnil,

Sorry for the late reply. But we are a little bit busy at the moment ;-)

Generally it is possible, The problem is that there is no default CSV parser for the "exec driver" at the moment. So you if you know how do programm java you can extend the "exec driver" to parse that.

If you have an example of such a CSV file, we can see if such a feature can be added in the future of Eclipse SCADA/openSCADA.

best regards

Jens

Swapnil Kumbhar

Dec 7, 2013, 12:15:03 AM12/7/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jens,

w.r.t. my earlier question, my web developer can provide me a module which scans the CSV files in to the Project specific locations and converts them in to the SQL database.

Now with this will it be possible to design interface to create screens in the OpenSCADA for visualization. Also i want to know if OpenSCADA can have program which can generate reports with logical commands to create Alarms to be sent as Text Messages or by scheduled E-mails.

Please let me know which modules needs to be downloaded for creating visualizations from SQL database. also write about system requirements.

Awaiting your reply.

Kind Regards,

Swapnil