openresty installation and ubuntu service or /etc/init.d/nginx not found

2.307 kali dilihat
Langsung ke pesan pertama yang belum dibaca

gopalakrishn...@gmail.com

belum dibaca,
24 Agu 2013, 07.43.4824/08/13
kepadaopenre...@googlegroups.com
All,

I needed some customization with nginx, I prefer to use the Lua. I found openresty and source compiled and installed the same.

the openresty installed on my /usr/local/openresty with nginx, luajit and lualib.

before installing, I uninstalled nginx with autoremove option. everything is cleaned.

I used to start nginx using

sudo service nginx start or restart or stop option
also used to

sudo /etc/init.d/nginx start/stop/restart

After installing openresty I am missing this configuration. Please help me to setup right start script for me.

Thank you,

Krish

Yichun Zhang (agentzh)

belum dibaca,
24 Agu 2013, 15.06.0524/08/13
kepadaopenresty-en
Hello!

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 4:43 AM, gopalakrishnan.subramani wrote:
> I used to start nginx using
>
> sudo service nginx start or restart or stop option
> also used to
>
> sudo /etc/init.d/nginx start/stop/restart
>
> After installing openresty I am missing this configuration. Please help me
> to setup right start script for me.

Basically, the openresty installation paths are different from the
nginx paths configured by your Linux distribution.

For the first "service command" approach, you need to change your
systemd configuration file. For example, on my Fedora system, the
configuration file you need to update is
/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service.

For the second init.d approach, you need to update your
/etc/init.d/nginx file to reflect the paths used by openresty.

But a cleaner approach is to create your own "openresty" service to
prevent polluting your system's default configurations files.

BTW, please join this list before posting otherwise your posts always
require manual moderation. To subscribe to the list, just send an
empty email to the address openresty-e...@googlegroups.com

Best regards,
-agentzh

Gopalakrishnan Subramani

belum dibaca,
25 Agu 2013, 02.44.4925/08/13
kepadaopenre...@googlegroups.com
I found the init.d script for openresty here,

https://code.google.com/p/fzrxefe/downloads/detail?name=openresty.init.d.script&can=2&q=

It helps me both /etc/init.d/openresty start/stop/restart and service openresty start/stop/restart

I could write my filters in lua and it works well.

I joined the group. Thank you.

Regards,

Krish
Balas ke semua