Russound CAV6.6 / CAA66

Shag

Jul 26, 2016, 8:23:41 PM7/26/16
to OpenRemote
I'd like to be able to control either a Russound CAA66 or CAV6.6 without keypads (via app).  Can I use any Serial RS232 to Ethernet device in adapter with OpenRemote or do I need specific brand RS232 to Ethernet device?  If anyone is using one of these Russound's with OpenRemote, could you please let me know what model adapter you are using?
Thanks!

Torbjörn Österdahl

Jul 27, 2016, 8:25:18 AM7/27/16
to OpenRemote
I use a serial connection, a USB to serial adapter actually. In this way you just configure the serial device in Openremote. I can not tell you about Ethernet serial adapters.

Regards,
Torbjörn