Migration from Designer 2.1x to 2.5

Pierre Kil

Jun 8, 2016, 8:50:01 AM6/8/16
to openremot...@googlegroups.com
Good news! We (actually Eric) found a way to export your project from version 2.1 (the previous Free Designer) into version 2.5. For users of version 2.4 (previous version of the Professional Designer), you can safely upgrade and login with you existing account in version 2.5.

The migration server might cause issues for some accounts and/or some protocols are missing in 2.5. Please report any issues, so we can look into it, but no guarantees. Depending on amount of requests and required effort we will try and solve any issues.

Eric Bariaux

Jun 27, 2016, 9:41:44 AM6/27/16
to OpenRemote
To allow users to migrate their design from the 2.1 designer to the new 2.5 one, we did set-up a migration server: https://designer-migration.openremote.com
This server contains a backup of the 2.1 database as of June 23rd.
Users can log in using their 2.1 designer username and password and download an export of their configuration.
This configuration can then be imported into a 2.5 account on https://designer.openremote.com. Note that an import will completely replace the existing configuration.

Please only use this migration server for exporting your configuration and don't do any design work on it.
This server is only temporary and will be eventually shutdown depending on the migration needs.
Data on this server might also be replaced with the same or another backup depending on the needs.
In that case, we will post appropriate information in this thread.

Known issues

Due to a previous bug in the 2.1 designer, we have occasionally observed an error (error 500) when doing the export.
If this is the case, please report the issue indicating your username, re-trying the download does not fix the issue.

Some protocols that are present in 2.1 are not available in 2.5.
In that case, your configuration might not import correctly or you will not be able to modify any of the commands for those protocols.
If this is the case, please report which protocol is causing an issue for you.
We do not promise to include all the missing protocols but will evaluate based on the received feedback.
Message has been deleted

Peter

Jul 1, 2016, 2:22:38 PM7/1/16
to OpenRemote
Hallo,

After trying to migrate my 2.1 designer version i got the

ERROR
500 The call failed on the server; see
server log for details

My username is peterkasper.
Please help me to migrate my existing layout to the newest version.

Thanx Peter

bi...@virtualhome360.net

Jul 1, 2016, 7:02:03 PM7/1/16
to OpenRemote
In exporting I got the 500 error message. My user name is wraymond6134

Pierre Kil

Jul 13, 2016, 10:19:48 AM7/13/16
to OpenRemote
If you have tried the migration server to migrate from 2.1 to 2.5 (see post by Eric) and have NOT faced any issues, we appreciate if you can share that with us as well. We are aware of the error 500 issue, while using the migration server, but we want to get a better picture on how frequent this issue arises. So please keep posting issues you are facing but definitely share with us if the migration worked for you.

Thanks -- Pierre

OpenDude

Jul 13, 2016, 12:06:35 PM7/13/16
to OpenRemote
Sure -

No issue in exporting from 2.1 and importing it in the 2.5 designer.

Just need to switch to the 2.5 Controller still though! :)

Regards
OD

J McGill

Jul 13, 2016, 11:53:49 PM7/13/16
to OpenRemote
I get the 500 error. My user name is desertdog.

Dirk François

Jul 15, 2016, 3:56:29 AM7/15/16
to OpenRemote
Hi,

Also Error 500 after login.
Username = diridi

Greetz,
Dirk
Message has been deleted

Icewitty Ice

Jul 25, 2016, 10:00:31 AM7/25/16
to OpenRemote
error 500

username: icefluffy

S Lockyer

Jul 26, 2016, 12:23:56 PM7/26/16
to OpenRemote
Error 500
Username: slockyer
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

bart groot

Aug 1, 2016, 10:34:47 AM8/1/16
to OpenRemote

Hi there,

i finale got the time to start migrating from 2.1 to 2.5 (tis my holiday and its raining)
I have got the same error 500 when trying to export my configuration.

My username is bartgroot

AutoFrank

Aug 2, 2016, 10:29:36 AM8/2/16
to OpenRemote
Hi,
Trying to migrate my project from 2.1 designer to Pro and this is what I have done so far

1) I logged into 2.1 designer and exported my project (user franksylvia)
2) I logged into the migration website and noticed that it wasn't up to date so I imported the export zip from designer 2.1 but received the following error...

"There was an implementation error in Designer while restoring your account data. The system administrators have been notified of this issue. To prevent potential damage to your data, further modifications have been disabled until the admins have cleared the issue. Do not make changes to your designs or configuration during this period, as these changes may get lost. For further assistance, please contact support. (Error Message : Restoring your account data has failed. Please contact an administrator for assistance. Avoid making further changes to your account and design to prevent any potential data corruption issues: No row with the given identifier exists: [org.openremote.modeler.domain.DeviceCommand#22073120]; nested exception is org.hibernate.ObjectNotFoundException: No row with the given identifier exists: [org.openremote.modeler.domain.DeviceComm"

Any thoughts on what I need to do next ?

Thanks
Frank

AutoFrank

Aug 2, 2016, 11:03:14 AM8/2/16
to OpenRemote
I also got a 500 error

2.1 designer username = franksylvia
Pro Designer username = frank.smith

Can you help ?

Martin Darwin

Aug 2, 2016, 11:13:44 PM8/2/16
to OpenRemote
I tried the migration.

I didn't get error 500. The design loaded, but I could not download the zip file.

username: mdarwin

MD

Martin Darwin

Aug 3, 2016, 9:56:27 PM8/3/16
to OpenRemote
Nevermind... getting the error 500 now.

The design was originally from http://composer.openremote.org/preview/login.jsp

MD

Rob C

Aug 4, 2016, 4:18:14 AM8/4/16
to OpenRemote
Hello,

i am using the staging designer https://composer.openremote.org/staging/login.jsp and exported the zip file succesfully, but i could not import it into the migration server https://designer-migration.openremote.com

[...]

also my username could not be found at https://designer.openremote.com , but is found in the migration server.

username: robke

AutoFrank

Aug 4, 2016, 5:32:22 AM8/4/16
to OpenRemote
H,
Just trying to figure out the correct process here.. we seem to be getting very little from OR on this one.. not even sure if all the issues reported above have been fixed...

I have a 2.3 project.. (it has been modified quite a bit since june 23rd since the blanket copy was completed by Eric)
Could somebody confirm if my understanding is correct..
Step 1) I export from the free designer (lets call this zip1)
Step 2) I import this zip1 into the 'migration designer'
Step 3) I check all is okay and export that zip (lets call this zip2)
Step 4) I then import this zip2 into the pro designer.

assuming all works and I get no errors I am complete

Is this the right process or have I all mixed up...
If I get an issue I email support at openremote dot org

thoughts / support appreciated

Martin Darwin

Aug 4, 2016, 2:06:29 PM8/4/16
to OpenRemote
My impression was to log into the migration server with the old credentials. The design should already be there (mine is... though I get 500 error sometimes). Export the zip file (which I can't do) and then import it into the 2.5 designer.

Maybe my design to too large to export.. dunno. I have tried a few times....no luck

MD

Gideon Heinert

Aug 4, 2016, 5:15:36 PM8/4/16
to OpenRemote
Hello,

Some, like me have their own standalone Designer installation of 2.1.
Is there way to import this into the 2.5 Designer or into a standalone installation of 2.5?
Is there somewhere a version of the "Migration Server" one can compile and run it as standalone server to produce a zip file that can be imported into 2.5?

Best wishes

Gideon

Gareth Steele

Aug 12, 2016, 6:50:56 PM8/12/16
to OpenRemote
I would also like to know how we can get hold of an up to date Migration Server for standalone use - or how to load my old version 2.1 project in to the migration server so as to be able to export it for version 2.5

Currently if I try to import my old project into the migration site i get a load of errors and it doesnt work and the version on the migration box is way out of date and useless to me.

Eric Bariaux

Aug 22, 2016, 2:18:03 AM8/22/16
to OpenRemote
Yes, this is the correct process.

There is no need to use the older staging / free designer for the migration.

The migration server has a copy of data from the free server.
The procedure is to:
- login in the migration server with the "old" credential from the free designer.
- export a zip file from the migration server
- login in the 2.5 server with new credentials
- import the zip file

Please don't import anything in the migration server, or do any other work there, the database will get replaced.
Don't import zip files exported from the free designer into the 2.5 designer, this will not work, the zip must come from the migration server.

We are aware that there are many 500 errors when trying this migration.
This can't be solved on a case by case basis.
The reason we asked users to report their experience here is to gauge the amount of accounts that had issues.
People posting their account information helps as it points us to accounts that exhibit the issue, but does not mean we can go and fix anything.

The main issue is related to duplicate ids and the way the information is stored and not a trivial one to fix.
We will keep investigating the issue and update you when progress is made.

Given the above issues, there is no point in updating the database with more recent data from the free designer at this stage.

Eric Bariaux

Aug 22, 2016, 2:21:39 AM8/22/16
to OpenRemote
The migration server is basically a 2.5 server with data from the free server.
As you have a local copy, the option would be that you have a local install of a 2.5 version, which is not possible at this time.
We'll keep investigating the options and keep you posted.
Message has been deleted

Davy Lowet

Sep 4, 2016, 2:20:39 PM9/4/16
to OpenRemote
Hello,

I have the error 500

username: dlowet

I could do an export, but the import fails.

It would be very nice if it can be resolved!

Gideon Heinert

Sep 16, 2016, 2:23:00 AM9/16/16
to OpenRemote
Hi Eric,

Would it be possible for you to post the required format/schemes of the new openremote.zip file that can be imported into 2.5. Maybe those of us with a standalone designer cab then manually generate a openremote.zip file in the right format for import into 2.5????

Thanks Gideon

Patrick

Sep 28, 2016, 1:23:59 PM9/28/16
to OpenRemote
Hello,

I have the error 500

my username:  patrickspruyt

Thanks!
Patrick

Patrick Meslin

Sep 28, 2016, 11:45:48 PM9/28/16
to OpenRemote
As I mentioned in another topic, the 'raw' "Serial" protocol seems to be missing from 2.5. Is there any plan to add it back?

If yes, would it also be possible to add the regex parsing and filtering features (especially mainly Read Regex Filter and Default Read Response) found in the telnet protocol options? It would make it a good deal more useful.

Thanks!

On Monday, 27 June 2016 10:41:44 UTC-3, Eric Bariaux wrote:
(...)

Rob C

Oct 4, 2016, 6:56:02 AM10/4/16
to OpenRemote
Hello,

could you backup my current settings? they are different than the backup from 23 june, so i can upgrade to 2.5
username: robke

Op woensdag 8 juni 2016 14:50:01 UTC+2 schreef Pierre Kil:
Good news! We (actually Eric) found a way to export your project from version 2.1 (the previous Free Designer) into version 2.5. For users of version 2.4 (previous version of the Professional Designer), you can safely upgrade and login with you existing account in version 2.5.

Khosy

Oct 14, 2016, 8:05:04 AM10/14/16
to OpenRemote
Hello Pierre,

Since yesterday the UI Designer doesn't save the changes. When I create new stuff or changr anything, then save the changes, log out, log in, the changes are discarded. Also extrating to ZIP discardes the changes.
Do you know where the problem is? Deleting temp file of the browser doesn't help. I'm new at open remote and does not know what's wrong.

username: khosrau.heidary

Thanx,
Khosy

Nir Aviry

Oct 24, 2016, 2:11:45 AM10/24/16
to OpenRemote
.

Hi.

After a long time I am back to OR. I can't log to the migration server. with any of my users.
.I have an account on the 2.1 server with a running project and a new one you have created for me in the days of Pro version to test the ModBus with HTTP etc.
I can't migrate to ver 2.5.

I need your help.

The old user is Aviry.

Tanks,

Nir Aviry

בתאריך יום רביעי, 8 ביוני 2016 בשעה 15:50:01 UTC+3, מאת Pierre Kil:

Nir Aviry

Oct 24, 2016, 2:27:02 AM10/24/16
to OpenRemote
Hi again.

Correction. My mistake with password but I am getting error 500 now.
User name is Aviry.

Thanks,

Nir Aviry

בתאריך יום שני, 24 באוקטובר 2016 בשעה 09:11:45 UTC+3, מאת Nir Aviry:

Nir Aviry

Oct 28, 2016, 1:55:15 PM10/28/16
to OpenRemote
Hi again.
Any chance the error shall be fixed?
I want to migrate and do not want to build my project from the biginning.
I have about 30 devices and lots of control.
  Another option is to backup the project in the old free designer and  in the migration server to erase what causing the error.
The issue is I do not have any idea what to erase.
Thanks,
NIr

Nicolas THIBERT

Oct 31, 2016, 12:45:17 PM10/31/16
to OpenRemote
Hello,
As many others, I obtain the 500 error.
My username is 108nico
Any update?
Thanks,

Nicolas

Le lundi 27 juin 2016 15:41:44 UTC+2, Eric Bariaux a écrit :
To allow users to migrate their design from the 2.1 designer to the new 2.5 one, we did set-up a migration server: https://designer-migration.openremote.com
This server contains a backup of the 2.1 database as of June 23rd.
Users can log in using their 2.1 designer username and password and download an export of their configuration.
This configuration can then be imported into a 2.5 account on https://designer.openremote.com. Note that an import will completely replace the existing configuration.

Please only use this migration server for exporting your configuration and don't do any design work on it.
This server is only temporary and will be eventually shutdown depending on the migration needs.
Data on this server might also be replaced with the same or another backup depending on the needs.
In that case, we will post appropriate information in this thread.

prasad patole

Nov 14, 2016, 8:26:36 AM11/14/16
to OpenRemote
hi
after login to professional account home button & bulding modeler not displaying on screen

Regards
Prasad

Davy Lowet

Nov 17, 2016, 12:36:08 PM11/17/16
to OpenRemote
Hello,

It is still not possibe to export/import my old project. Can somebody look into this please?

Thanks,

Davy

Gareth Steele

Nov 17, 2016, 1:32:39 PM11/17/16
to OpenRemote
Same here still can export from old system to new system and version on migration server is so out of date.

Is anyone at OpenRemote still participating in this form / is anything being done about this error or are we being forced to scrap all our projects and start from scratch

Steffen G

Nov 25, 2016, 10:09:24 AM11/25/16
to OpenRemote
Hello

I did an export in 2.1 and imported it in 2.5. Now the 2.5 designer account seems to be blocked and an "admin should have a look" it says.

There was an implementation error in Designer while restoring your account data. The system administrators have been notified of this issue. To prevent potential damage to your data, further modifications have been disabled until the admins have cleared the issue. Do not make changes to your designs or configuration during this period, as these changes may get lost. For further assistance, please contact support.

do I need to contact  support, or will they check this some time :-) ?

Steffen

Prasad

Nov 27, 2016, 3:48:38 AM11/27/16
to OpenRemote
hi
my account has a problem when i loged in Buiding modeler,home Button & Import Export not Displays on web page

Glenn Tamura

Dec 7, 2016, 8:54:11 AM12/7/16
to OpenRemote
Hello...  I tried to log into the migration server, but it doesn't recognize my credentials.  So, I went back and deleted a few of the mistakes (I made while building my first trial Panel), and  then tried it again.

But, it still won't let me log into the new controller v2.5 Migration server.  I can still log into my old Controller v2.1 account using my old login name of "glenntamura", (with a password of 0014a58199ABC@), but won't work in v2.5.

Also, if it helps, when I run the command window bat file, it loads ok, but near the end of the .bat file it says something "unable to retrieve controller identity, re-trying in 1000 ms"

I appreciate any advice I can get....

Glenn.

Eric Bariaux

Dec 7, 2016, 9:15:57 AM12/7/16
to OpenRemote
Please NEVER post your password on a public forum.
I've changed your password, please reset it to continue working.
Migration server was a try, it does not work for most users. I've now disabled it, it's not useful.

Glenn Tamura

Dec 7, 2016, 9:25:50 AM12/7/16
to Eric Bariaux, OpenRemote
OK, sorry.... I'll not do it again.

Glenn

Glenn Tamura

Dec 7, 2016, 9:32:58 AM12/7/16
to Eric Bariaux, OpenRemote
Hi Eric...

OK, now I tried to log in, and of course it said "error incorrect username/PW, etc.  So I click on "lost password", and now it says "Username Not Found".

Glenn

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 6:15 AM, Eric Bariaux <ebar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Glenn Tamura

Dec 7, 2016, 12:50:10 PM12/7/16
to Eric Bariaux, OpenRemote
Hi Eric...  I still can't log in to my account anymore.  And, I try to change my PW, and under "Forgot Password", it says my old username no longer is available.

Glenn Tamura

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 6:15 AM, Eric Bariaux <ebar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Glenn Tamura

Dec 8, 2016, 10:57:50 AM12/8/16
to OpenRemote

Glenn Tamura

Dec 8, 2016, 11:01:15 AM12/8/16
to OpenRemote
Hello...  I'm now able to log in, and I think I successfully upgraded to version 2.5,  However, when I run the program, I get an "unable to find" error.  Here's a copy of the command line log.

 Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd c:\orp25\bin
c:\ORP25\bin>openremote run
Using CATALINA_BASE:   c:\ORP25
Using CATALINA_HOME:   c:\ORP25
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: c:\ORP25\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_112
Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_112
---- Logging ----------------------------------------------------------
 Console (stdout) threshold [CONTROLLER_CONSOLE_THRESHOLD]: INFO
 System logs:
   - Controller startup log [CONTROLLER_STARTUP_LOG_LEVEL]: DEBUG

BEEHIVE_BASE_URI = https://designer.openremote.com
BEEHIVE_REMOTE_SERVICE_PATH = ccs/rest/
BEEHIVE_REMOTE_SERVICE_URI = https://designer.openremote.com/ccs/rest/
BEEHIVE_SYNC_SERVICE_PATH = beehive/rest/
BEEHIVE_SYNC_SERVICE_URI = https://designer.openremote.com/beehive/rest/
BEEHIVE_DEVICE_DISCOVERY_SERVICE_PATH = dds/rest/
BEEHIVE_DEVICE_DISCOVERY_SERVICE_URI = https://designer.openremote.com/dds/rest/
OPENREMOTE_CONTROLLER_ID = 1

Dec 08, 2016 7:47:26 AM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: c:\ORP25\webapps\controller\WEB-INF\lib\native
Dec 08, 2016 7:47:26 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8688
Dec 08, 2016 7:47:26 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 356 ms
Dec 08, 2016 7:47:26 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Catalina
Dec 08, 2016 7:47:26 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.18
Dec 08, 2016 7:47:26 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive webconsole.war
Dec 08, 2016 7:47:27 AM org.openremote.controller.bootstrap.Startup redirectJULtoLog4j
INFO: Initialized JUL to LOG4J Redirector.
INFO 2016-12-08 07:47:28,309 : Startup complete.
INFO 2016-12-08 07:47:28,312 :
 Controller definition was not found in this OpenRemote Controller instance.
 If you are starting the controller for the first time, please use your web
 browser to connect to the controller home page and synchronize it with your
 online account.

Could not find a controller definition to load at path '..\webapps\controller\controller.xml' (for version 2.0)
INFO 2016-12-08 07:47:28,319 : Controller Definition File Watcher for Default Deployer started.
Dec 08, 2016 7:47:29 AM org.restlet.engine.connector.HttpClientHelper start
INFO: Starting the internal HTTP client
Dec 08, 2016 7:47:29 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8688
Dec 08, 2016 7:47:29 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 3238 ms
INFO 2016-12-08 07:47:32,882 : Unable to retrieve controller identity, retrying in 1,000 milliseconds...
INFO 2016-12-08 07:47:32,882 : Unable to retrieve controller identity, retrying in 1,000 milliseconds...
INFO 2016-12-08 07:47:35,789 : Unable to retrieve controller identity, retrying in 1,000 milliseconds...
INFO 2016-12-08 07:47:35,789 : Unable to retrieve controller identity, retrying in 1,000 milliseconds...
INFO 2016-12-08 07:47:38,300 : Starting device discovery service...
INFO 2016-12-08 07:47:38,792 : Unable to retrieve controller identity, retrying in 1,000 milliseconds...
INFO 2016-12-08 07:47:38,792 : Unable to retrieve controller identity, retrying in 1,000 milliseconds...
INFO 2016-12-08 07:47:44,652 : Unable to retrieve controller identity, retrying in 1,000 milliseconds...
INFO 2016-12-08 07:47:44,652 : Unable to retrieve controller identity, retrying in 1,000 milliseconds...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance....

Glenn

Axel Bouillon

Dec 26, 2016, 6:45:39 AM12/26/16
to OpenRemote
Hi Eric,

i have sent you a email with the export of my 2.1 openremote zip file. As i am unable to reach the site https://designer-migration.openremote.com .
When i try to import the 2.1 openremote.zip file in my 2.5 designer : i have this message : "Invalid import file: no building modeler data"

So currently i am stuck at this moment,

could you please help?

thanks a lot in advance

Axel

Op maandag 27 juni 2016 15:41:44 UTC+2 schreef Eric Bariaux:
To allow users to migrate their design from the 2.1 designer to the new 2.5 one, we did set-up a migration server: https://designer-migration.openremote.com

Gideon Heinert

Jan 18, 2017, 7:17:30 AM1/18/17
to OpenRemote
Hi Eric,

Any more news on the possibility of a local installation of the 2.5 Migration Server for people who have used a standalone version of the 2.1 Designer??

Thanks

Gideon

ReneS

Feb 1, 2017, 4:50:49 AM2/1/17
to OpenRemote
Hi Eric,

How should we migrate to the new server now?
I tried importing the zip export from the old server but that does'nt work.

Cheers,
Rene

Gregor Kronenberger

Mar 14, 2017, 6:30:21 PM3/14/17
to OpenRemote
Dear all,

it seems that the migration server is down. Is this a network issue on my side or a general issue right now?

Cheers,

Greg

Prasad

Jun 28, 2017, 8:26:28 AM6/28/17
to OpenRemote

hi
i need help,
i am using Http post command to my controller and get sucess but i am confused and tried a lot for json path expression
please help me details as below

Http
HTTP attributes
 kindly see attachment containing api
api_openremote.xlsx

Liam Whiteside

Jul 28, 2017, 2:38:42 PM7/28/17
to OpenRemote
The http://www.openremote.com/community/ web page is still directing people to the migration server, however it doesn't seem to be responding. Does it still exist? I just get the connecting timing out.

Gregor Kronenberger

Aug 2, 2017, 12:39:45 PM8/2/17
to OpenRemote
I believe that it is offline. I have been trying to get on there since March without success.

Eric Bariaux

Aug 2, 2017, 3:07:15 PM8/2/17
to OpenRemote
Yes, the migration designer has been shutdown as it never worked appropriately.

Liam Whiteside

Aug 3, 2017, 3:32:58 AM8/3/17
to OpenRemote
Could someone remove the instructions to use it and the linkfrom the main web site then? It would have saved quite a bit of wasted time. Perhaps also add a note that there is no way to use a design from the old 2.1 version in the latest 2.5/2.6 release.

Kenny M

Jan 14, 2018, 11:04:04 AM1/14/18
to OpenRemote
Hi , is there a way to use my old project (2.1) on my synology NAS again?
since the update can only install 2.6. But my project is 2.1
It seems i cannot use openremote anymore unless i have to write it all over again in 2.5?
thanks for your help, cheers