Create an XCF file with IR Codes

Stephan Levavasseur

Oct 16, 2017, 4:26:10 PM10/16/17
to OpenRemote
Hi guys ...

Is there any way to build a XCF file using IR Codes I have in a text file (so that I can import it into the designer) ?

Thanks for the replies !

LePousson

Stephan Levavasseur

Oct 19, 2017, 6:40:30 PM10/19/17
to OpenRemote
Any chance that someone could reply to me ?????

Bengt Martensson

Oct 20, 2017, 4:47:28 AM10/20/17
to openremot...@googlegroups.com
On 10/16/17 22:26, Stephan Levavasseur wrote:
> Hi guys ...
>
> Is there any way to build a XCF file using IR Codes I have in a text
file (so that I can import it into the designer) ?

IIRC, the "native" IR format of OR is Lirc. You can use IrScrutinizer to
transform you text file to Lirc format. Does this solve your problem?

The XCF format is used by the (now long dead) Pronto professional
series. It consists of a zip file containing an XML file, and a bunch of
bitmap files. The XML format is quite understandable, containing the
(unencrypted) "Pronto hex" form. (As opposed to the PCF format that
contains encrypted signals, and, to my knowledge, the "encryption" used
is not known.) It appears to me that creating XCF files for the purpose
of OR import is "unnatural".

But, if it turns out that creating (crippled) XCF files is an important
issue, I think it can be done with a moderate effort. Let me know.

Greetz,

Bengt

Stephan Levavasseur

Oct 20, 2017, 6:49:47 AM10/20/17
to OpenRemote
Creating an XCF is very important as it is the only file format that OpenRemote is able to import... As I have something like 15 or 20 devices to drive, this function is essential ...

If you can help, that will be very very appreciated ...

LePousson

Bengt Martensson

Oct 20, 2017, 8:36:00 AM10/20/17
On 10/20/17 12:49, Stephan Levavasseur wrote:
> Creating an XCF is very important as it is the only file format that OpenRemote is able to import...

Hmm weird... At least previously it was able to import at least Lirc.
Where is this documented? If there is only one import format, it appears
strange (to say the least) to have XCF to be that only format. Can
someone confirm? Eric?

Greetz,

Bengt

Eric Bariaux

Oct 20, 2017, 8:48:39 AM10/20/17
to OpenRemote
It depends on the IR emitting device you are using.
If you're using a LIRC compatible device and the lircd mechanism, then you can only use LIRC files.
If you're using a GlobalCaché or IRTrans as the device, then only XCF is supported for import.

Stephan Levavasseur

Oct 20, 2017, 9:05:31 AM10/20/17
to OpenRemote
I am using a GlobalCache iTach device (had it for 6 years) ... That’s why I need to be able to build a XCF file with all my devices IR and TCP/IP codes ..

Thanks in advance for your replies ...

LePousson

Bengt Martensson

Oct 21, 2017, 4:01:40 AM10/21/17
On 10/20/17 15:05, Stephan Levavasseur wrote:
> I am using a GlobalCache iTach device (had it for 6 years) ... That’s
why I need to be able to build a XCF file with all my devices IR and
TCP/IP codes ..

You can try to download ProntoEdit Professional from remotecentral.com,
http://www.remotecentral.com/news/545/philips_prontoedit_professional_30_posted_for_all.html

and generate XCF files with that. For importing your text files into
it, it may be feasible to import the text files into IrScrutinizer and
export that into a CCF file, which can subsequently (I think :-)) be
imported into ProntoEdit Professional.

Let us know if this works.

Thanx to Eric for the clarification.

Greetz,