OpenQuake platform

Karim Farokhnia

Jan 16, 2015, 3:35:23 AM1/16/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Dear Admin,

I have installed OpenQuake engine using virtual machine. I can work with it through the Terminal of Linux. However, within the OpenQuake website and the presentation demo, I see that there should be a platform that I can log in and conduct my risk assessment (i.e using data preparation tool to upload my assets portfolio and rapture information), and running calculations to obtain the result right on my profile. How can I actually have access to that Platform? And if it is not available yet, when would be an estimated releasing time?

Thank you for your help.

Karim

Paul

Jan 19, 2015, 4:35:35 PM1/19/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karim,

 the OpenQuake platform will be released on Wednesday 2015-01-21, and will allow users to run small calculations much in the same way that the OATS does now.  It will not be possible to use the platform for very large or long-running analyses however, for such jobs a local installation of the engine on a server or cluster is required.  I should also note that the the while the platform allows the user to upload a zip of input files, it is necessary for the input model to be prepared offline.

Cheers,
Paul

Karim Farokhnia

Jan 29, 2015, 1:47:41 AM1/29/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your response. How can I download or get access to the OpenQuake platform? I looked into the website but couldn't find a link to the platform.

Regards

Michele Simionato

Jan 29, 2015, 6:03:37 AM1/29/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately there is no link in the GEM site yet. Here it is: https://platform.openquake.org/

Sean McGowan

Feb 2, 2015, 3:36:51 PM2/2/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michele,
I too am trying to use the Open Quake Platform. I followed the link you provided and saw what is in the attached screenshot. I am curious to view probabilistic seismic hazard maps for various countries. Has this information been released? If so, could you please direct me to it? Thank you for your time.

Sean
OQ Platform.png

Marco Pagani

Feb 3, 2015, 12:38:44 AM2/3/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Hazard maps are available following this path

Explore (on top of your window) > Explore hazard models

This is the link of the page you'll reach
https://platform.openquake.org/hrde/

Regards,

Marco

On 02/02/15 21:36, Sean McGowan wrote:
> Hi Michele,
> I too am trying to use the Open Quake Platform. I followed the link you
> provided and saw what is in the attached screenshot. I am curious to
> view probabilistic seismic hazard maps for various countries. Has this
> information been released? If so, could you please direct me to it?
> Thank you for your time.
>
> Sean
>
> On Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 4:03:37 AM UTC-7, Michele Simionato wrote:
>
> Unfortunately there is no link in the GEM site yet. Here it
> is: https://platform.openquake.org/ <https://platform.openquake.org/>
>
> On Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 7:47:41 AM UTC+1, Karim Farokhnia
> wrote:
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> Thank you for your response. How can I download or get access to
> the OpenQuake platform? I looked into the website but couldn't
> find a link to the platform.
>
> Regards
>

> On Friday, January 16, 2015 at 12:05:23 PM UTC+3:30, Karim
> Farokhnia wrote:
>
> Dear Admin,
>
> I have installed OpenQuake engine using virtual machine. I
> can work with it through the Terminal of Linux. However,
> within the OpenQuake website and the presentation demo, I
> see that there should be a platform that I can log in and
> conduct my risk assessment (i.e using data preparation tool
> to upload my assets portfolio and rapture information), and
> running calculations to obtain the result right on my
> profile. How can I actually have access to that Platform?
> And if it is not available yet, when would be an estimated
> releasing time?
>

> Thank you for your help.
>
> Karim
>
> --

*MARCO PAGANI* | Seismic hazard team coordinator | skype mm.pagani | g+
marco....@globalquakemodel.org | +39-0382-5169863

*GLOBAL EARTHQUAKE MODEL * working together to assess risk

*GEM -* globalquakemodel.org <http://www.globalquakemodel.org> | *T -*
@GEMwrld <http://twitter.com/GEMwrld> | *F -* GEMwrld
<http://www.facebook.com/GEMwrld>

Sean McGowan

Feb 3, 2015, 6:23:37 PM2/3/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Excellent, thank you Marco. Looks great!

Sean