Release OpenQuake Engine 1.5.1

Michele Simionato

Sep 25, 2015, 8:59:49 AM9/25/15
to OpenQuake Users
We found a last minute bug, so today we released version 1.5.1 of the OpenQuake suite.

The bug affected exposures with multiple assets on the same site and produced
incorrect numbers. For the rest this release is identical to the release 1.5.0.

You can find the complete list of new features and bug fixes here:

Notice that as of now the preferred platform to run the OpenQuake Engine is
Ubuntu 14.04; Ubuntu 12.04 is still supported but deprecated.

You can install the Ubuntu packages by following the instructions given here:

If your platform is not Ubuntu, you can always install from sources:

You can download the OpenQuake engine manual from here:

That's all, please let us know if you have any trouble with the upgrade.

              Michele Simionato on behalf of the OpenQuake Team

Daniele Viganò

Oct 2, 2015, 7:41:28 AM10/2/15
to OpenQuake Users
Dear OpenQuake users,

the VirtualBox images containing the latest stable release of the OpenQuake Engine (1.5.1) have been released.

You can find them at http://www.globalquakemodel.org/ova/stable/ and http://www.globalquakemodel.org/openquake/start/download/

These images are based on the master-150930 images, but with the OpenQuake Engine and libraries stable release; for more details see https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openquake-users/G2QxBpPaSGU and have a look at the README

Best,
Daniele

--
DANIELE VIGANÒ | System Administrator | Skype dennyv85 | +39 0382 5169882
GLOBAL EARTHQUAKE MODEL | working together to assess risk

Prs

Oct 4, 2015, 11:55:11 AM10/4/15
to OpenQuake Users
Hi,

I'm not able to upgrade oq-engine after following required steps:

sudo service postgresql start
sudo service rabbitmq-server start
sudo apt-get install python-oq-.*
## Optional, stop the unused services on a worker node
sudo service postgresql stop
sudo service rabbitmq-server stop

here is the result:

python-oq-nrmllib is already the newest version.
python-oq-engine is already the newest version.
python-oq-hazardlib is already the newest version.
python-oq-risklib is already the newest version.

and still I'm using oq-engine v 1.3.0

do you have any suggestion to help me with upgrading?

Daniele Viganò

Oct 4, 2015, 4:48:28 PM10/4/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Dear User,

have you run an apt-get update before trying yo update/install the Engine?

apt-get update is a standard Ubuntu command that syncs the local packages index cache with the remote repositories.

Best,
Daniele

Prs

Oct 5, 2015, 7:35:22 AM10/5/15
to OpenQuake Users
I have trouble updating my ubuntu as follow:
I don't know how to deal with it

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/openquake/ppa/ubuntu/dists/precise/Release.gpg Could not connect to ppa.launchpad.net:80 (91.189.95.83). - connect (110: Connection timed out)

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/openquake/release-1.0/ubuntu/dists/precise/Release.gpg Unable to connect to ppa.launchpad.net:http:

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/openquake/ppa/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/source/Sources Unable to connect to ppa.launchpad.net:http:

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/openquake/ppa/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/binary-amd64/Packages Unable to connect to ppa.launchpad.net:http:

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/openquake/ppa/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/binary-i386/Packages Unable to connect to ppa.launchpad.net:http:

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/openquake/ppa/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/i18n/Translation-en_US Unable to connect to ppa.launchpad.net:http:

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/openquake/ppa/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/i18n/Translation-en Unable to connect to ppa.launchpad.net:http:

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/openquake/release-1.0/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/source/Sources Unable to connect to ppa.launchpad.net:http:

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/openquake/release-1.0/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/binary-amd64/Packages Unable to connect to ppa.launchpad.net:http:

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/openquake/release-1.0/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/binary-i386/Packages Unable to connect to ppa.launchpad.net:http:

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/openquake/release-1.0/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/i18n/Translation-en_US Unable to connect to ppa.launchpad.net:http:

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/openquake/release-1.0/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/i18n/Translation-en Unable to connect to ppa.launchpad.net:http:

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Daniele Viganò

Oct 5, 2015, 8:11:45 AM10/5/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Dear User,

the errors mean that you are unable to contact the PPA webiste (where some Ubutnu repos are located). These are network issues:

connect (110: Connection timed out).

Are you behind a firewall (i.e. in a corporate network)?