Ground motion fields and Ruptures from Event base calculator

jcgome...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2018, 6:52:41 AM1/16/18
to OpenQuake Users
Dear all, kind regards.

I've been using the Event Base calculator to generate the sets of ruptures with their corresponding magnitudes, as well as their associated ground motion (PGA). Both outputs in .CSV are not consistent in the number of data. For a long exploration time, let's say: 37500 years, (writing in job.ini  ses_per_logic_tree_path = 750), I'm getting 29875 values for the ground motion fields whereas for the ruptures I'm only getting 1074 values. In the .XML output, they probably are consistent (checking their respective "eid") but I'm wondering why in the .CSV are not or how does it work? This to economize postprocessing time.

Thank you very much.

Michele Simionato

Jan 16, 2018, 9:18:41 AM1/16/18
to OpenQuake Users
Please remember that ground motion values which are below the minimum intensity or zero are not stored and there is no way to predict how many there are, so you canno expect any simple relation between the number of ruptures and the number of exported ground motion values.