No IMT=MMI for GSIM testing

Nick Horspool

Nov 19, 2015, 7:52:02 PM11/19/15
to OpenQuake Users
Hi OQ Team,

We are implementing a New Zealand specific Intensity Prediction Equation (IMT=MMI) to contribute to the OQ GSIM library. We are wanting to run the testing as outlined in the guidance notes (https://github.com/gem/oq-hazardlib/wiki/Implementing-a-new-GSIM-in-the-OpenQuake-hazard-library-%5Bprovisional%5D). However there is no IMT=MMI in the check_gsim.py code. Can we please request you please add IMT=MMI to the GSIM testing code.

Keep up the great work!

Many thanks,
Nick Horspool
GNS Science, New Zealand

Graeme Weatherill

Nov 20, 2015, 3:36:26 AM11/20/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

Yes, you're right. Fortunately, last week we implemented the Allen, Wald and Worden (2012) IPE, which is currently on a pull request waiting to be merged (https://github.com/gem/oq-hazardlib/pull/394). As part of that PR we have added the IMT=MMI() into the check_gsim.py (https://github.com/gem/oq-hazardlib/pull/394/files#diff-182a60e992f12c7c5d3ca259fb03c4daR299).

So as soon as that is merged it should be possible to add any other IPE, which I hope will be in a couple of days.

Thanks,

Graeme