HDF5 output siteID per event for PGA order

matsmith london

Nov 20, 2015, 6:35:35 AM11/20/15
to OpenQuake Users
Hello,

I seem to have posted this (mistakenly) via a private message and wanted to publicize my question. I am aiming to export hdf5 output straight to SQL and am trying to reproduce the csv created if selecting the --exports csv option. I have successfully allocated calculated PGAs per event (via the tags string and gmfs/col00 variable), however I'm struggling to get the affected siteIDs per event. Where are those stored in the HDF5 file (I seem to have overlooked this)? I can reproduce the PGA values per row in the exported csv, but the order is wrong - can you shed any light on this?

Thanks a lot,
Matt

Michele Simionato

Nov 20, 2015, 9:56:31 AM11/20/15
to OpenQuake Users
Exporting the GMFs from the HDF5 is highly nontrivial, since the correspondence between GMFs and sites is coded in pickled objects stored inside the HDF5.
We plan to improve the situation in the future and to make available the information in a clean way, however this will take some time. My advice for the time being would be to export the csv and than bulk import it, without interacting directly with the HDF5 file. At the moment the structure of the HDF5 file is highly volatile and subject to change, the CSV exporters are in a better shape, but still subject to change, only the XML exporters are stable.

matsmith london

Nov 21, 2015, 7:53:53 PM11/21/15
to OpenQuake Users
Thanks for your reply!