Problems in running demo calculations

Mariangela Liuzzi

Jun 24, 2015, 10:31:17 AM6/24/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
I've recently installed OQ 1.4 on VirtualBox and I don't know how to use it because I don't know anything about Python language.
I've tried to run the Scenario Risk demo by typing the command oq-engine --rh job_gmfq.ini, as written in the OQ User Instruction Manual, but the following sentence appears: "Segmentation fault"
Can anybody please tell me if there is something else that I have to previously type in order to make the Engine work?
Is there any other manual that I could use, since I have basic issues with the Python language?
Thank you
Mariangela

Daniele Viganò

Jun 24, 2015, 10:49:23 AM6/24/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com, mariangel...@gmail.com
Dear Mariangela,

are you using the OQ 1.4 virtual machine provided by GEM or did you installed it by yourself? If it's the image provided by GEM, which version are you running (32 or 64bit?)
The issue that you are reporting means that something is broken in your installation.

Regards,
Daniele

Mariangela Liuzzi

Jun 24, 2015, 11:02:56 AM6/24/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Dear Daniele,
I'm using the image provided by GEM, 64bit version. I'm going to install it again and see if the problem is still there,
thank you so much :)

Daniele Viganò

Jun 24, 2015, 11:20:54 AM6/24/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com, mariangel...@gmail.com
Can you also try to run a default demo? i.e. (from terminal):

$ cd ~
$ oq-engine --rh=GEM/oq-demos/AreaSourceClassicalPSHA/job.ini

Thanks,
Daniele

Behnam Qomi

Jun 24, 2015, 12:38:29 PM6/24/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
In my idea You can copy the files of the oq-demos like areaSourcePsha in home folder,,, in this way you don't need to give job file  location in terminal,,, just type $  op-engine --rh job.ini

Behnam qomi
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenQuake Users" group.

Mariangela Liuzzi

Jun 26, 2015, 4:54:32 AM6/26/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
I installed OQ again and did what Daniele suggested me ($ cd ~
$ oq-engine --rh=GEM/oq-demos/AreaSourceClassicalPSHA/job.ini) but in the terminal "segmentation fault" appears.
I've also copied the files of the oq-demos in the home folder and repeated the command, but the result is the same.

Daniele Viganò

Jul 2, 2015, 12:03:59 PM7/2/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com, mariangel...@gmail.com
Dear Mariangela,

can you try this new (beta) version of the OpenQuake VM? http://www.globalquakemodel.org/ova/1.4-u14.04/Ubuntu_desktop_14.04_64b_oq_1.4.1-3.ova (README)

It's made with a newer version of Ubuntu and is lighter than the previous release.

Thanks,
Daniele
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to openquake-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.