Plotting scripts, NRML format

Tanja Dee

Feb 8, 2016, 11:48:47 PM2/8/16
to OpenQuake Users
Hi,

I have just started using OpenQuake (version 1.7) and am still learning. I've been reading through the manual and am trying to run some examples from the demos folder. Specifically I ran the job from LogicTreeCase1ClassicalPSHA folder. The calculations ran fine and I exported the outputs using --export-outputs.

Among the older topics in this group I found this link -  https://github.com/GEMScienceTools/oq-tools/tree/master/output - which gives Python scripts to parse the xml files and plot them. However the problem is that these scripts are now 4 years old and work with NRML version 0.3, whilst my output files are all version 0.5. Does anyone have Python plotting scripts compatible with NRML version 0.5?

Thank you,

Tanja

anirudh.rao

Feb 10, 2016, 9:17:57 AM2/10/16
to OpenQuake Users
Hi Tanja,

The plotting module of the Risk Modeller's Toolkit has scripts to parse and plot some hazard results, such as hazard curves, hazard maps, and uniform hazard spectra - https://github.com/GEMScienceTools/rmtk/tree/master/rmtk/plotting/hazard_outputs . These scripts have been updated to work with NRML 0.5.

Regards,
Anirudh

Tanja Dee

Feb 18, 2016, 5:16:53 PM2/18/16
to OpenQuake Users

Hi Anirudh,

Sorry for the late response, only just got around to testing it all out properly. Thank you, those scripts work nicely and were just what I needed.

Regards,

Tanja

Tanja Dee

Apr 6, 2016, 9:57:42 PM4/6/16
to OpenQuake Users
Hi there,

I'm looking for an updated version of this handy module:
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj23MeCsvvLAhUGrKYKHR84Az8QFggcMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgooglegroups.com%2Fgroup%2Fopenquake-users%2Fattach%2Fda8d40d0bcffeca9%2Fhazard_data_plotter.py%3Fpart%3D4&usg=AFQjCNFokiWX_8rwMoCbfPYG3oSDwuIINw&sig2=OqJA9h6SRo4Vmszz5EJrjA

This works with NRML 0.4 and again I need 0.5. Specifically I need the functions parse_stochastic_event_set_file and parse_stochastic_event_set to work, however the module does have other neat functions included. Does an updated version exist? I've looked into rmtk on GitHub and there are scripts to parse hazard curves and maps available but I can't find any parsing scripts for stochastic event sets.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.
Since the problem is the same as the one I had previously (nrml format) I decided to post here again rather than opening a new topic.

Michele Simionato

Apr 7, 2016, 10:59:36 AM4/7/16
to OpenQuake Users

On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 3:57:42 AM UTC+2, Tanja Dee wrote:
[...]

Have you tried to run the script by changing the line

? Perhaps it is enough since the format of the SES file has not changed. I have to time to check it now, though.

Tanja Dee

Apr 7, 2016, 6:58:18 PM4/7/16
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I have tried that. Didn't work - I assume because the rest of the script in structured in such a way to deal with the older format.

Tanja
“Learn how to smile in the cannibal pot and life will be so much easier.”
-- Alan Brennert, Moloka'i