Deterministic DSHA and disaggregation/deaggregation of hazard during PSHA

Alexander Wright

Jan 3, 2018, 6:50:17 PM1/3/18
to OpenQuake Users
Two part related question. We typically need to perform deterministic calculations and determine controlling EQ during hazard calculations. I am still working through the documentation but based on what I have seen so far it looks like it is currently not possible to perform a deterministic calculation as required by US building code (ASCE 7-10; ASCE 7-16 chapter 21) and that disaggregation must be completed as a separate step from the main PSHA hazard calculation. Is this correct? Is there a work around to get the deterministic results, specifically 84th percentile? Is there a way to perform the PSHA and get disaggregation of selected results only (for example mag/distance disaggregation for 2% in 50 year PGA, 0.1, 0.2, 1 second) in the same step?

Regards,

Alexander D. Wright