classical_tiling in risk calcs

Domenico Pennucci

Mar 23, 2015, 12:13:01 PM3/23/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have successfully used the classical_tiling calculation provided in OQ1.3, very appreciated new feature of OQ1.3. However, If I try to use the hazard output to run a risk analysis (PSHA-based risk) I get an error:

'you need to provide a hazard calculation of kind 'classical', but you provided a 'classical_tiling' instead'

Is it possible to run risk analysis from the output of a classical_tiling run?

Many thanks,
Domenico

Michele Simionato

Mar 23, 2015, 2:19:54 PM3/23/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it should be possible. Unfortunately the calculator is very new and was focused on the hazard use, so we did not add tests for the risk case.
But it should be pretty easy to fix the problem and you will have the fix in the next nightly builds. I will come back to that soon.

Michele Simionato

Mar 25, 2015, 10:51:24 AM3/25/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
I investigated, and it is not so easy to support the risk from the classical_tiling calculator, as I thought initially. So we will fix the issue, but not right now. Have patience!

Domenico Pennucci

Mar 27, 2015, 10:40:33 AM3/27/15
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
I will. Thanks Michele