distributing calculations using celery 3.1.7

preinh

Jan 29, 2014, 5:59:40 PM1/29/14
to openqu...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I'm trying to run the engine from source using standard package versions from macPorts. (I know that is outside of 'support') but may someone here could have an idea of what's happens with my code.

Almost are running very well... almost tests, even all demos since I don't try distribute using celery version 3.1.7.
Yes it is running and rabbitmq its running too.

The error comes from AsyncResult received on task_result. ==>  http://pastebin.com/epjJfkeu

I read a little bit about changelog from 2.5 to 3.0 and 3.1 but was not too clear to me.
http://docs.celeryproject.org/en/latest/whatsnew-3.0.html
http://docs.celeryproject.org/en/latest/whatsnew-3.1.html

well while I'was reading and reporting this...
this insight  seems to pass over that error on compute_hazard_curves
on
./openquake/engine/calculators/hazard/classical/core.py", line 159
changing from
        curves_by_imt, i = task_result
        curves_by_imt, i = task_result.get_leaf()
because task_result is an AsyncResult object

but since Murph's law create another spawning tasks hazard_curves_to_hazard_map
http://pastebin.com/Tc9Rppd2
well, may I can track it, but probably in the wrong way.

Some tips from anyone ?!

Daniele Viganò

Jan 30, 2014, 1:30:32 AM1/30/14
to openqu...@googlegroups.com
Dear preinh,

thanks for your feedback. Currently only Celery 2.4 and 2.5 works with OpenQuake. I strongly suggest Celery 2.5.5 which fixes also an annoying bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/oq-engine/+bug/1256001)

By the way, running the tests (instead of demos) could help you to find where the error is coming from and why.

Cheers,
Daniele

preinh

Feb 5, 2014, 9:50:45 AM2/5/14
to openqu...@googlegroups.com
Daniele,

Many thanks for answer...

That 'correction' solve the punctual problem but produced others... it was NOT the correct way.
I'll need to stop with this work for 2 weeks, but as soon I come back I'll plan to set up a virtual_env choosing versions from pip as you did on centos.
May this helps me to get oq running on osx for debug... (I'll look better for tests!)

I'll post here again this result.

Cheers!
Marlon