Thingiverse/MakerBot and Open Prosthetics

Bre Pettis

Apr 3, 2010, 1:31:54 PM4/3/10
to Open Prosthetics
Hey folks,

So I'm one of the founders of MakerBot Industries and Thingiverse. We
make open source affordable 3D printers and are obsessed with
supporting folks creating open designs.

I was checking out the trautman hook and the files associated with
them and I want to upload them to Thingiverse to make it easy for
folks to download them, share them, share pictures of their copies and
track derivatives.

I can upload the files to Thingiverse, since they have been put into
the public domain, but it would be better if it came from your
community and ideally from the person who created the files.

If someone from here would like to do that, it would be better than me
uploading them, but I'll do it if folks are busy because I'd really
like to get the open design community on Thingiverse making ultra
cheap copies and derivatives made on their MakerBots. It will cost
less than a dollar in plastic for each copy made on a Makerbot which
should make the whole process go faster.

I'd also like to interview someone from the project for our blog to
learn how the more than 1000 MakerBots out there can support the open
prosthetic project and so if you're someone involved in the project
who doesn't mind being interviewed, shoot me an email at bre AT
makerbot DOT com and I'll shoot you some questions back over email.

Bre Pettis
MakerBot
Thingiverse