After update to 14.1.6 hundred duplicate webdav sessions

Ingo Zahn

Dec 23, 2019, 6:04:41 AM12/23/19
to OpenOlat
Hello,

after i updated yesterday to OpenOLAT 14.1.6 i have for about five real webdav users about 400 to 500 duplicate users sessions. They are displayed in the OpenOLAT Administration->Usersessions window. This is only for webdav users and not for web 2.0 users. Because we have vacation it is not a real problem. Is there anybody out there with the same problem and a solution?

If nobody has a solution for this problem i want to revert to 14.1.2 with my backup.

Sincerely
Ingo Zahn

Stéphane Rossé

Dec 23, 2019, 8:07:37 AM12/23/19
to OpenOlat
Hello

The sessions for Microsoft WebDAV clients lasts longer in latest release of OpenOlat. It solves an issue which prevent Office 365 (especially the latest version of Excel) to edit and save documents via WebDAV. As the WebDAV sessions are small, it's not really a problem.

Sincerely
Stéphane rossé

Ingo Zahn

Dec 23, 2019, 3:34:57 PM12/23/19
to OpenOlat
Hello Stéphane,

thank you for your quick answer. Perhaps i will give it a try in production next week an see what happens with 150 to 200 active users.

But on the adminpage it looks horrible. It says i have 97 to 107 active users in the last 5 minutes with only about 8 real users connected with webdav-clients (raidrive) on standby. All the duplicate wevdav sessions (20 to about 60 or more per user) are showing a duration of 0 seconds.
One thing i cannot understand is, why a longer lasting webdav session should generate 10th of new sessions for the same userclient ? And therefor the user statistic on the admin page is useless in the future.

Sincerely
Ingo Zahn

Stéphane Rossé

Dec 23, 2019, 3:57:06 PM12/23/19
to OpenOlat
Hello

It's generate a lot of sessions because the client doesn't stick with one session. Most clients like macOS client, Cyberduck, Trasmit or Windows WebDAV (mostly) will take care of the sessions IDs saved in cookies and they will not generate new sessions for every actions. I didn't know Raidrive, I will take a look at it (especially its user agent) and see if I can do something.

Best regards
Stéphane Rossé

Ingo Zahn

Dec 24, 2019, 3:53:59 AM12/24/19
to OpenOlat
Hello Stéphane,

PROBELEM SOLVED! After a second view i could see, that not all sessions are duplicated. Only sessions with windows raidrive clients older than V1.8 (Aug. 2019) are duplicated. So we need to update all clients that are older next week.

Thank you very much for your quick help.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year for you, your family, your team and all other out there.

Sincerely
Ingo Zahn