Creating new Users on a localhost instance of OpenOlat

christian....@web.de

Oct 19, 2018, 8:35:06 AM10/19/18
to OpenOLAT
Hi,

I just set up an instance of OpenOLAT on my localhost following this link, which works fine. As stated, I can log in with the user administrator. I was wondering if it was possible to now sign up new users, because the registration process failed when it tried to send the link to an e-mail address. Is this intended to not work on localhost? If yes, is there a workaround to sign up new users?

Best Regards

Christian

Florian Gnaegi

Oct 20, 2018, 3:33:32 AM10/20/18
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian

1) You can go to the user management site and create new users there

2) If you enable self registration in the administration, users can create their own login using the registration button on the login screen. This uses an email workflow

Sending mail uses the mail configuration from your olat.local.properties:

You see smtp.host=localhost is the default configuration. Your localhost smtp must be configured properly to take the mails from OpenOLAT and deliver it to the world. You can specify another smtp and various other mail related properties. See the olat.local.properties.sample file for the most common configurations you need to make when setting up OpenOLAT. For more advanced configurations, see the olat.properties file and copy the ones you want to overwrite to your olat.local.properties.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT
hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting
frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

Find me on wire skype twitter xing linkedin