stored scrom data path be configurable?

bellammal...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2014, 6:35:53 AM7/11/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,

As of now by default scrom content is storing in my C-drive after uploading it to the course.Can you please suggest that we will be give our own path to store it?

Thanks!
Mallikarjuna

Stéphane Rossé

Jul 11, 2014, 7:51:05 AM7/11/14
to open...@googlegroups.com, bellammal...@gmail.com
Hi

No, the path to the SCORM packages is not configurable.

Best Regards
Stéphane Rossé

abdulkh...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2014, 8:06:20 AM7/11/14
to open...@googlegroups.com, bellammal...@gmail.com
The objective of the path

we need to store the path of SCROM content on different machine . Currently it goes in C:\local\opt\openolat\olatdata\bcroot.. on local machine – it’s stores whole repository (course, SCROM,  etc.,).

I need to transfer the whole repository to other machine whcih is connected with LAN ex:- C:\new machine\opt\openolat\olatdata\bcroot..

Please let me know on this whether we can do this.

Stéphane Rossé

Jul 11, 2014, 11:18:22 AM7/11/14
to open...@googlegroups.com, bellammal...@gmail.com, abdulkh...@gmail.com
Hi

OpenOLAT works on olatdata and its database. There is a narrow relation between the two.

If you copy the olatdata from local -> to "new machine" and the OpenOLAT on "new machine" use the exact same database as on "local", it must work.

But if you have 2 instances of OpenOLAT on local and new machine with 2 difference databases, you cannot only copy the content of the scorn folder to have your scorn content working on "new machine". A SCORM package in OpenOLAT is not only a bunch of files but several database rows and a relation between a specific ID in the database and the name of the folder containing the SCORM package.

In the case of 2 independent instances, you can always export the SCORM packages on "local" et reimport them in "new machine". There isn't any REST API to export SCORM content but there is one to import learning resources in general (courses, SCORM...).

Best regards
Stéphane Rossé

abdulkh...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2014, 3:13:21 AM7/14/14