Problem in Shibboleth user mapping

Christian Schweizer

Jul 16, 2020, 10:16:07 AM7/16/20
to OpenOlat
Hello there

I have a problem with the user mapping in OpenOlat's Shibboleth module. I configured simply the required attributes email, firstName and lastName in a olat.local.properties:

shibboleth.user.mapping.email.shib=mail
shibboleth.user.mapping.first.name.shib=xxx
shibboleth.user.mapping.last.name.shib=xxx

When I register a new user OpenOlat uses the corresponding Shibboleth attributes.

But when I want to add another user mapping to map the email attribute to another OpenOlat attribute, OpenOlat asks me for my primary email address when I register. The email attribute is mapped to the other  OpenOlat attribute though.

shibboleth.user.mapping.key1.shib=mail
shibboleth.user.mapping.key1.olat=email

How is it possible to map one Shibboleth attribute to multiple OpenOlat attributes?

Thank you in advance for any kind of support!

Best regards
Christian

Urs Hensler

Jul 17, 2020, 1:45:05 AM7/17/20
to 'Curt' via OpenOlat
Hi Christian,

How is it possible to map one Shibboleth attribute to multiple OpenOlat attributes?
No it’s not possible. Maybe your IdP can provide the email address in multiple attributes.

What’s your use case to store the email address in multiple OpenOlat user properties?

Best regards,
Urs

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOlat".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

Christian Schweizer

Jul 22, 2020, 4:53:28 AM7/22/20
to OpenOlat
Hi Urs

Thank you for your reply! Actually your suggestion helped a lot. We were able to reconfigure our Shibboleth module to provide the email address in multiple attributes and now the user mapping works fine.

We need the email address to be mapped to another OpenOlat attribute for internal reasons.

Best regards
Christian

Stephan Clemenz

Aug 4, 2020, 3:28:05 PM8/4/20
to 'Christian Schweizer' via OpenOlat

Hi Christian,

I did such things by configuring my SP by using

<AttributeResolver type="Transform" source="email">
      <Regex match="^.+@(.*)$" dest="anotherAttribute">$1</Regex>
</AttributeResolver>

In this case you can generate your own Shib attributes which you can map to Olat attributes.

Cheers, Stephan