NULL exception when accessing course folder from course editor

Tobias Grasse

Mar 9, 2015, 12:56:25 PM3/9/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

our OpenOLAT 9.3.5 install started to throw an exception when I try to access the storage folder of a specific course via the course editor GUI. Unlike other crash info I encountered so far, this one does not provide further helpful info, just the call stack and “null” as the message. I checked that the “coursefolder” folder is present in the bcroot/course/resource-ID directory, and that it has the same permissions as storage folders from other courses which are working as expected.

Weirdly enough, I can see the folders’ contents through the GUI when I try to change e.g. the HTML page of a course element: select element in course tree > “page content” > “replace page” > “choose file from storage folder” lists all items from the course folder. No other courses are affected.

Might be related: I recently had to restore the editortreemodel.xml of this course from a backup because the disk was full at the moment the course was saved.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

 Action:
Open course, switch to course editor, click “storage folder” under “editor tools”.

Expected behavior:
Show the storage folder’s content.

Actual behavior:
Fatal error (error numbers randomly change from N1-E4 to E20), user has to log in again. Exception text below.

Throwable: org.olat.core.logging.OLATRuntimeException

logmsg
:exception while rendering component 'foldercomp' (org.olat.core.commons.modules.bc.components.FolderComponent) listener:[org.olat.core.commons.modules.bc.FolderRunController [cListener:org.olat.core.commons.fullWebApp.LayoutMain3ColsController, ]]
Message of exception: null
message
:exception while rendering component 'foldercomp' (org.olat.core.commons.modules.bc.components.FolderComponent) listener:[org.olat.core.commons.modules.bc.FolderRunController [cListener:org.olat.core.commons.fullWebApp.LayoutMain3ColsController, ]]
Message of exception: null,org.olat.core.logging.OLATRuntimeException

at org
.olat.core.gui.components.Window.handleDirties(Window.java:963)
at org
.olat.core.gui.components.Window.dispatchRequest(Window.java:439)
at org
.olat.core.gui.components.Window.doDispatchRequest(Window.java:228)
at org
.olat.core.gui.components.Component.dispatchRequest(Component.java:192)
at org
.olat.dispatcher.AuthenticatedDispatcher.processValidDispatchURI(AuthenticatedDispatcher.java:241)
at org
.olat.dispatcher.AuthenticatedDispatcher.execute(AuthenticatedDispatcher.java:197)
at org
.olat.core.servlets.OpenOLATServlet.executeUserRequest(OpenOLATServlet.java:261)
at org
.olat.core.servlets.OpenOLATServlet.doGet(OpenOLATServlet.java:197)
at javax
.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
at org
.olat.core.servlets.OpenOLATServlet.service(OpenOLATServlet.java:153)

1. cause:

message
:null,java.lang.NullPointerException

at org
.olat.core.commons.modules.bc.components.ListRenderer.appendRenderedFile(ListRenderer.java:233)
at org
.olat.core.commons.modules.bc.components.ListRenderer.render(ListRenderer.java:210)
at org
.olat.core.commons.modules.bc.components.FolderComponentRenderer.renderList(FolderComponentRenderer.java:211)
at org
.olat.core.commons.modules.bc.components.FolderComponentRenderer.render(FolderComponentRenderer.java:89)
at org
.olat.core.gui.render.Renderer.render(Renderer.java:257)
at org
.olat.core.gui.render.Renderer.render(Renderer.java:189)
at org
.olat.core.gui.render.velocity.VelocityRenderDecorator.doRender(VelocityRenderDecorator.java:601)
at org
.olat.core.gui.render.velocity.VelocityRenderDecorator.render(VelocityRenderDecorator.java:290)
at sun
.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor208.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun
.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

Florian Gnägi

Mar 17, 2015, 3:23:26 AM3/17/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Search in your logfile for messages like

"This file is not a versions XML file

In the message you should also see the path to the file. Delete those files, they are corrupt (probably because of your crash).

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT
 hosting - operating - support - development - consulting

frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

skype:gnaegi  twitter:gnaegi  xing:Florian_Gnaegi

Tobias Grasse

Mar 18, 2015, 12:51:07 PM3/18/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian,

thanks a lot! Instant remedy, users are happy again. Will make sure we won’t run out of disk space again.

Best
Tobias

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "OpenOLAT" group.
signature.asc