mailing from openolat

Hanspeter Vogt

Nov 4, 2019, 10:09:17 AM11/4/19
to OpenOlat
Hi

How does the configuration looks like in olat.local.properties, so that I can use our standard Mail server ( IMAP / POP ) hosted externaly.

Sincerely
Hanspeter

Florian Gnägi

Nov 4, 2019, 11:05:14 AM11/4/19
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hanspeter

See https://github.com/OpenOLAT/OpenOLAT/blob/master/src/main/resources/serviceconfig/olat.properties and search for SMTP (mail) settings settings to see all the options.

OpenOlat has not IMAP or POP functionality. The system has no features to get mails from a server, it only sends mails.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOlat".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT
hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting
frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Okenstrasse 6
CH-8037 Zürich, Switzerland

Find me on wire skype twitter xing linkedin

Hanspeter Vogt

Nov 4, 2019, 12:44:01 PM11/4/19
to OpenOlat
Hi Florian

Thank's for helping me again.

The mail works so far. I tryed to register myself.

I received the email to finish the self registration. The problem is that the back link contains:

As soon as I've changed the back link to https://mydomain.ch/.... , it works  and I could finish my self registration.

Which smtp parameter in the config is responsible to return the valid domain name?

Sincerely
Hanspeter

Oliver Kant

Nov 4, 2019, 2:26:43 PM11/4/19
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello Hanspeter

Have you set the domainname in the olat.local.properties?

server.domainname=mydomain.ch

Cheers, Oliver

Am 04.11.19 um 18:44 schrieb Hanspeter Vogt:
> --
> --
> Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
> Groups-Gruppe "OpenOlat".
> Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
> an open...@googlegroups.com
> Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
> openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
> Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
> http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openolat/9860c0d3-6e4e-4f6f-9319-2eb659f9aa25%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openolat/9860c0d3-6e4e-4f6f-9319-2eb659f9aa25%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Hanspeter Vogt

Nov 5, 2019, 3:12:38 AM11/5/19
to OpenOlat
Good morning Oliver

Thank's for helping me.

No it works, also with the correct URL sent by eMail to the user in case of self registration or forgotten password.

Kind regards
Hanspeter