Session-timeout implementation in openolat

mamtay...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2014, 7:26:25 AM8/14/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have changed seesion-timeout tag's value from 60 to 5 in openolat\WebContent\WEB-INF\web.xml
<session-config>
    <session-timeout>60</session-timeout>
  </session-config>

but it is not reflecting the changes done , so please let me know what other changes need to be done in other files or in config file  to implement this.How session-timeout is handled in openolat.
Please revert asap.

Thanks,
Mamta.

Thilo Boehm

Aug 14, 2014, 9:22:51 AM8/14/14
to open...@googlegroups.com, mamtay...@gmail.com
Have a look at olat.properties:

# Session timeout configuration.
# Note that this are default values only. If you want to change the configuration, open the administration panel
# in OpenOLAT and change the values there. They are stored in olatdata/system/configuration/ and will override
# the values from the olat.local.properties file.
# a) Session timeout in seconds for not-authenticated sessions (login screen etc).
#    Keep small to prevent denial of service attacks. Default is 5 minutes.
session.timeout=300
# b) Session timeout in seconds for authenticated users and guest users. Default is two hours.
session.timeout.authenticated=7200

Regards
Thilo

mamtay...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2014, 5:05:36 AM8/18/14
to open...@googlegroups.com, mamtay...@gmail.com
Hi,

I have done changes but still not getting error message after whatever session time out was set.
In login.html following javascript block is written to display error messgae:

<
script type="text/javascript">
/* <![CDATA[ */
if
 ((window.self != window.parent) && window.parent.OPOL) {
// Page is loaded in an iframe within OpenOLAT because a session timeout occurred or
// system has been restartet in the meantime.
// Show error on main window
var title = "$r.escapeJavaScript($r.translate("timeout.title"))";
var message = "$r.escapeJavaScript($r.translate("timeout.message"))";
window.parent.o_afterserver();
window.parent.showMessageBox(
'error', title, message);
}
/* ]]> */
</
script>

Not able to understand what exactlty this condition is . On searching in worksapce OPOL , found in function.js

can you please let me know what 's this condition exactly?

Thanks
Mamta.

Florian Gnägi

Aug 19, 2014, 2:54:05 AM8/19/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mamta

Normally content is loaded in a hidden iFrame and then replaced in the GUI using DOM replacement. We call this the AJAX-mode.

When for whatever reason a redirect to the login screen happens (session timeout, server restart etc), the code in the iframe is the entire loginscreen and not a JSON resonse that is evaluated by the main window. This javascript code detects this situation and displays the error message in the visible main window.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT and OLATpro
 hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting

frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

skype:gnaegi  twitter:gnaegi  xing:Florian_Gnaegi