Unable to setup video livestream course in OpenOlat v15.pre.7

shiv...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2020, 2:43:41 PM4/22/20
to OpenOlat
Hi,

Was able to configure video live stream course in OpenOlat v15.pre.7 with live stream url configured under calendar with youtube live stream url.

Youtube live stream works, but unable to see live stream video in OpenOlat post setting youtube url, as I get error "It is not possible to show the live stream. Probably is the live stream not broadcasted yet." with Try Again button. Also, there is no error shown in tomcat log too.

Please assist in resolving this issue.

1. Am I missing any configuration or any any more configuration to be done.
2. Is Live stream supported by specific live stream source?.
3. Any documentation or reference in this regard.

Looking forward for assistance.

Urs Hensler

Apr 23, 2020, 1:24:39 PM4/23/20
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

1. Am I missing any configuration or any any more configuration to be done.
Which configuration have you already made?

2. Is Live stream supported by specific live stream source?.
Yes, currently only mp4

3. Any documentation or reference in this regard.
Not yet.

What youtube url do you use exactly?

Bye,
Urs

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOlat".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

Shivdas Nair

Apr 24, 2020, 4:15:41 AM4/24/20
to OpenOlat
Hi,

Below are the configuration done for video livestream

1. Enabled live.stream properties in olat.local.properties file as below

live.stream.enabled=true

# Enable multiple streams pre event. Actually two streams are supported.

live.stream.multi.stream.enabled=true

# Char / String to separate multiple urls of a single event

live.stream.url.separator=,

# Buffer time to switch from the announcement page to the live stream (in minutes)

# and vice versa.

live.stream.buffer.before.min=5

live.stream.buffer.after.min=5

live.stream.edit.coach=false

# Profile to control witch stream is visible for the watchers.

live.stream.player.profile=both

live.stream.player.profile.values=both,stream1,stream2

2. Set the course & inserted course element as Video LiveStream and configured the event by adding in calendar with details of course & live stream url.

Tried with below youtube urls.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/<channel id>

https://www.youtube.com/channel/<channel id>/live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjsujsjitgf

As mentioned by you, current live stream supports only MP4,  please let me know which streaming source , application tool or third party integration is to be used for live streaming in olat.

Thanks & Regards

Shivdas

Hi,

Urs

Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

Urs Hensler

Apr 24, 2020, 4:34:15 AM4/24/20
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shivdas,

The LiveStream course element is usually used with Wowza streaming server. Streamable works as well.

You can easily embed a video from youtube in a single page (see screenshot). This is probably the better solution for you.

Kind regards,
Urs