paypal stability in olat?

Graham Conway

Apr 27, 2016, 3:05:18 PM4/27/16
to OpenOLAT, Paul Senn
Hi Guys

We are considering using paypal to require a payment in order to access a particular course.

We are still on olat 10.0.1. We don't have immediate plans to update due to resources.

Just wondering how stable the paypal functionality is, and if people have had good luck using it.

Specifically, has it been part of OLAT for a while now. and the bugs been ironed out.

thanks,

Graham Conway

Florian Gnaegi

Apr 28, 2016, 1:35:25 AM4/28/16
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Graham

In 10.4 the PayPal payment booking methods works fine, we have several clients that are using it. Configuration is not trivial, you need a PayPal developer account.

Can’t speak for 10.0.1, this code is over 20 month old. 10.0 was a major overhaul and you are using the first 10.0.1 bugfix release. This has been followed by many other smaller updates with fixes for 10.0.x and four major updates with new features. It is really simple to update: just replace the war file and restart… (of course with a backup plan just in case…). At least update to the lastest 10.0.x release!

Personally I would not recommend using 10.0.1 for any kind of production, it is a release with many known issues. You will run into problems which have already been fixed.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT
hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting
frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

Find me on skype  twitter xing linkedin

Graham Conway

Apr 28, 2016, 1:54:33 AM4/28/16
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian.

thanks for the advice. so are there no significant db changes between 10.0.1 and 10.4?

thanks for the great information.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "OpenOLAT" group.

Florian Gnaegi

Apr 28, 2016, 3:03:57 AM4/28/16
to open...@googlegroups.com
there are many db changes, but don’t worry. If you set auto.upgrade.database=true, the db changes are applied automatically. You can turn it off, then you have to do it manually by applying the db changes one after another.

Create a dbdump, backup the dump together with your olatdata and go for the update ;-)

Cheers
Florian