Re: [OpenOlat] Message: SMTP not configurated

Florian Gnaegi

May 17, 2020, 8:13:34 AM5/17/20
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Curt

- Did you restart after making the changes?
- Use starttls only when you really use starttls

No doubt your SMTP config is wrong somehow, your have to figure out wat is wrong. Have a look at the olat.log, you will get a more detailed error there.

Note: you should not modify olat.properties, this is part of the release and will be overwritten when you do an update. instead, create a olat.local.properties and place this somewhere on the classpath ourside of the war, e.g. in your tomcat/libs directory. Then, only place the values from olat.properties that you actually modified.

Cheers
Florian

Am 16.05.2020 um 13:47 schrieb 'Curt' via OpenOlat <open...@googlegroups.com>:

Hi folks!
My next problem looks like this:
When I use the contact form (example, in a course, module Mail), I get the message that SMTP is not configured.
In the "olat.properties" i define the SMTP (mail) settings:

smtp.host=mymailproviderserver.com
smtp
.port=587
# if required by your local SMTP you may need to provide credentials
smtp
.user=myusername
smtp
.pwd=mypassword
# enable SSL if your smtp server supports it
smtp
.sslEnabled=true
smtp
.sslCheckCertificate=false
smtp
.starttls=true
# timeout in milliseconds
smtp
.timeout=8000

but the problem remains. Mails are not sent. Where is my mistake?
Thanks for help!

<error_smtp.jpg>

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOlat".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de
<error_smtp.jpg>

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOlat
hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting
frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Okenstrasse 6
CH-8037 Zürich, Switzerland

Find me on wire skype twitter xing linkedin

Curt

May 17, 2020, 5:22:16 PM5/17/20
to OpenOlat
Hi Florian
Many thanks!
That solved my problem. The difference between olat.properties and olat.local.properties was not quite clear to me.

Thanks and i hope OpenOlat Rocks the World!
;)

Curt