Onyx and OpenOlat

hgg

Sep 3, 2014, 8:49:34 AM9/3/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Dear Stephan Clemenz,

today we had a meeting

https://portal.imn.htwk-leipzig.de/fakultaet/mgruttm/netzwerktreffen-mathe-physik-e-learning

with people from Saxony interested in Math/Phys e-learning projects, in
particular using ELMAT

https://www.bps-system.de/cms/produkte/aktuelle-projekte/projekt-elmat/

Yvonne Winkelmann claimed that there is an OpenOlat integration of ONYX
available that was built by VCRP. Do you know about any details? We are
interested to get it activated within OpenOlat 9.3.

Best regards,
Hans-Gert Gräbe

--

Dr. Hans-Gert Graebe, apl. Prof., Inst. Informatik, Univ. Leipzig
postal address: Postfach 100920, D-04009 Leipzig

Stephan Clemenz

Sep 3, 2014, 10:13:37 AM9/3/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hans-Gert,
I've integrated Onyx with exam mode in OpenOLAT. If you want to test it, you can register at https://olat.vcrp.de and ask me for author rights :-)
It works fine, but it seems that Onyx player does not save results while running a test. Perhaps, I forgot a switch somewhere ;-) It only stores a result when finishing a test, just before sending this result to Olat. Under this circumstances we can not use Onyx as a real life testing environment. I asked Yvonne, but have no answer yet.

You can have a look at the two changesets at
http://olat-dev.vcrp.de:8002/rev/e7d682770f97
http://olat-dev.vcrp.de:8002/rev/37385b7ff150

Viele Grüße
Stephan

Am 03.09.2014 14:49, schrieb hgg:
Dear Stephan Clemenz,

today we had a meeting

https://portal.imn.htwk-leipzig.de/fakultaet/mgruttm/netzwerktreffen-mathe-physik-e-learning

with people from Saxony interested in Math/Phys e-learning projects, in particular using ELMAT

https://www.bps-system.de/cms/produkte/aktuelle-projekte/projekt-elmat/

Yvonne Winkelmann claimed that there is an OpenOlat integration of ONYX available that was built by VCRP. Do you know about any details? We are interested to get it activated within OpenOlat 9.3.

Best regards,
Hans-Gert Gräbe

--

Dr. Stephan Clemenz
Virtueller Campus Rheinland-Pfalz

hgg

Sep 3, 2014, 10:54:39 AM9/3/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Am 03.09.2014 um 16:13 schrieb Stephan Clemenz:
> Hi Hans-Gert,
> I've integrated Onyx with exam mode in OpenOLAT. If you want to test it,
> you can register at https://olat.vcrp.de and ask me for author rights :-)
> It works fine, but it seems that Onyx player does not save results while
> running a test. Perhaps, I forgot a switch somewhere ;-) It only stores
> a result when finishing a test, just before sending this result to Olat.
> Under this circumstances we can not use Onyx as a real life testing
> environment. I asked Yvonne, but have no answer yet.
>
> You can have a look at the two changesets at
> http://olat-dev.vcrp.de:8002/rev/e7d682770f97
> http://olat-dev.vcrp.de:8002/rev/37385b7ff150
>
> Viele Grüße
> Stephan

Thank you for the quick response. I will come back to that question
hopefully next week.

Best regards, Hans-Gert

Stephan Clemenz

Sep 8, 2014, 7:18:57 AM9/8/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hans-Gert,
Yvonne answered, that Onyx player does not store any results while running a test. It only stores the complete result file when finishing the test. BPS thinks about fixing that in the future.

Greetings, Stephan

Am 03.09.2014 16:54, schrieb hgg:
[...]

hgg

Sep 8, 2014, 8:07:52 AM9/8/14
to open...@googlegroups.com, klemens Schölhorn
Am 08.09.2014 um 13:18 schrieb Stephan Clemenz:
> Hi Hans-Gert,
> Yvonne answered, that Onyx player does not store any results while
> running a test. It only stores the complete result file when finishing
> the test. BPS thinks about fixing that in the future.
>
> Greetings, Stephan

Hi Stephan,

thank you for your efforts.

Here some more details about my plans. As far as I understood (this may
be wrong) one can communicate with the runtime of the ONYX server at BPS
(i.e., the Onyx player?) through a plugin with the own LMS (in
particular OpenOlat). As far as I understood the explanations of Yvonne
on our meeting last week this is the core business model of BPS
concerning ONYX, i.e., to offer a testing service that is not tightly
coupled with OPAL but can be used also from other LMS.

I'm interested in checking that within the ELMAT project where all
content is there (at BPS). This probably requires an API key to set the
right permissions at BPS for such a user.

We just try to set up such an environment on our OpenOlat 9.4 test instance.

Best regards, hgg

hgg

Sep 24, 2014, 3:10:28 AM9/24/14
to open...@googlegroups.com, Daniel Potts
Hi all,

a short success report.

We managed to get things running almost out of the box (even) with the
new OpenOlat 10 and a local Onyx Player (currently free of charge as
explained at
<https://www.bps-system.de/cms/fileadmin/Onyx/Preisblatt_ONYX.pdf>), so
all is running in our local environment.

We can pick up ELMAT examples, pack them together into a test using the
free Onyx Web editor
<https://www.bps-system.de/cms/produkte/onyx-editor/onyx-webeditor/> and
upload and run such a test in our local OpenOlat 10.

Great work of the OpenOlat "background team" !!

Best regards,
Hans-Gert Gräbe

--

apl. Prof. Dr. Hans-Gert Graebe, Inst. Informatik, Univ. Leipzig

y.winke...@googlemail.com

Sep 29, 2014, 7:51:14 AM9/29/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello Stephan,

with the new release 5.9.5 we improve the ONYX Testsuite functionality to support caching the results in a configurable time interval. The results and also the log-files are stored on configurable space on the server or can be send to the LMS.
More information about new improvements and features can be found in the ONYX change history.

Best regards,
Yvonne