Stop aborted

alexi...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2019, 10:44:36 AM4/9/19
to OpenOLAT
Hello,

I followed the "installation guide with mySQL" : https://www.openolat.com/fileadmin/adminwiki/_START_.html

But I didn't succeed to fully configure tomcat. I followed the instructions, start Tomcat rightly but when I try to stop it, I have the following message :
The file openolat.pid is created but empty after launching tomcat.
As you can see, I'm running it as root so the permission trouble isn't possible.

Does it happened to someone ? What it the procedure to succeed to stop tomcat ?

Thank you.

Oliver Kant

Apr 9, 2019, 2:40:20 PM4/9/19
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

unfortunately, you do not provide us with very much information, so my
answer is a) an educated guess and b) a question for more information.

My guess: If you followed the guide to the point, created all
directories, links and files as user "alexis", changed the paths
accordingly from "openolat" to "alexis" and set all permissions
approprietly, it should run properly as user "alexis" (and it should not
be run as user root anyway).

My question: Can you provide us with at least a directory listing of
your users homefolder (ls -l)? Along with that, the output of the
./start and ./stop command, maybe make a
ps ax|grep tomcat
too while ist is running. What is the catalina.out giving you?

Thanks in advance
Oliver

Am 09.04.19 um 15:31 schrieb alexi...@gmail.com:
> Hello,
>
> I followed the "installation guide with mySQL" :
> https://www.openolat.com/fileadmin/adminwiki/_START_.html
>
> But I didn't succeed to fully configure tomcat. I followed the
> instructions, start Tomcat rightly but when I try to stop it, I have the
> following message :
> The file openolat.pid is created but empty after launching tomcat.
> As you can see, I'm running it as root so the permission trouble isn't
> possible.
>
> Does it happened to someone ? What it the procedure to succeed to stop
> tomcat ?
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> --
> Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
> Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
> Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
> an open...@googlegroups.com
> Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
> openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
> Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
> http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

alexis...@braincube.com

May 14, 2019, 11:11:08 AM5/14/19
to OpenOLAT
Hello,

Thank you for the answer, I manage to find a solution on my own. I guess you can close this post !

www.braincube.com