Not able to access videos using static IP when domain name set to local IP

nar...@sathguru.com

Jun 3, 2016, 9:25:00 AM6/3/16
to OpenOLAT
Hi All,

We are using Open Olat 10.4 version installed in Tomcat server (we are not using any web server like Apache/IIS) in Linux environment.

> To access with in LAN (without need of internet) we have mentioned server.domainname have as local IP of that server.
> To access it from internet using static IP we did routed to mentioned local IP.

We are not able to view videos when we are accessing from internet as those videos were referring to local IP.

If i configure static IP it will increase internet consumption even user is with in LAN.

Is there a way to over come above issue by configuration or from network point of view.

Let me know if you need any further details.Thank you.

Regards,
Naresh

Florian Gnaegi

Jun 6, 2016, 7:29:15 AM6/6/16
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Naresh

OpenOLAT must be configured with a public domain name if you want people to access the courses over the internet. In your internal network you can make your DNS resolve the domain to the internal IP address. That way it will work from both internal and external.

Please ask your network administrator how to configure your network accordingly, this has nothing to do with the OpenOLAT configuration.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT
hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting
frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland