OpenOLAT 12.5 released and move of code management to Git

Florian Gnägi

Jun 27, 2018, 7:40:51 AM6/27/18
to open...@googlegroups.com
Dear OpenOLAT community

The OpenOLAT 12.5 release is an iterative evolution of the 10.x, 11.x and 12.xrelease series. You can download it from here: http://www.openolat.org/downloads.html

The most important highlights are:
  • Delete all userdata that can be deleted when deleting a user
  • Improve anonymizing of remaining user data
  • Remove human readable user references from log files and logging tables, keep only references to objects
  • New "deleted users" listing that differenticates between normal users and users that had specific roles
  • Improved delete user confirmation dialog
  • New user data export tool to export all data of a user in a single archive as required by GDPR
  • Print button on terms-of-use dialog
  • Colored background for true/false questions to improve usability
  • Display correct solution in essay questions in manual correction workflow

Have a look at the detailed list below and check out release notes https://www.openolat.com/features/releasenotes/new-features-12-5/?lang=en

OpenOLAT 12.5 is the best and most secure OpenOLAT release yet and we recommend installing it as soon as possible for all OLAT and OpenOLAT users.

OpenOLAT 12.5 can be downloaded from there: http://www.openolat.org/downloads.html

If you rather prefer cloning from the repository, make sure you clone from the 12.5 maintenance branch and not from master: https://github.com/OpenOLAT/OpenOLAT/tree/OpenOLAT_12.5

Thanks for the bugreports and code contributions made by the community, we appreciate those inputs a lot!
Enjoy the new release and send us your feedback!

Move from Mercurial to Git

We recently decided to move our codebase from Mercurial to Git. With the release of OpenOLAT 12.5 we start pushing our changes to our public GitHub repository. The old Mercurial based repository http://hg.openolat.org hosted on our own server will remain available for some time. In the new Git repo we will create maintenance branches for each major release and maintain the code in a single repo. The master is the main development branch and is considered unstable. Make sure you only use code from the maintenance branches for production!

You can find the GitHub repo here:

The current 12.5 maintenance branch:

Other infrastructure such as our Jira issue management are not affected by this change.

Best regards
The OpenOLAT development team

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT
hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting
www.frentix.com | www.openolat.org+41 43 544 90 00

frentix  GmbH
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland