LDAP: advanced user attributes mapping

fernando.mo...@brueggli.ch

Jan 29, 2018, 12:49:19 PM1/29/18
to OpenOLAT
Hello frentix,

I tried to configure openolat to map some additonal ldap-attributes when syncing users. but I've trouble getting this right.
First of all syncing with default attributes works. I need them only for user properties and not for some functional purpose.

I saw these lines in the olat.properties:

ldap.attributename.useridentifyer=sAMAccountName
ldap.attributename.email=mail
ldap.attributename.firstName=givenName
ldap.attributename.lastName=sn

and I simply added:

ldap.attributename.department=department
ldap.attributename.position=title
#these attributes are given on my AD-Structure

then I changed them to mandatory in context org.olat.admin.user.imp.UserImportController in the costumize section.
What else do I have to consider accomplish advanced attributes in the synchronization-process?

For some help I would be very thankfull

Best Regards

Fernando Moreno

Stéphane Rossé

Jan 30, 2018, 4:05:50 AM1/30/18
to OpenOLAT
Hello

You cannot map the department and position attributes like that. First you need to define the LDAP attributes with these:

ldap.attrib.gen.map.ldapkey1=department
ldap.attrib.gen.map.ldapkey2=title

Than you map them to the OpenOLAT attributes:

ldap.attrib.gen.map.olatkey1=department
ldap.attrib.gen.map.olatkey2=position

Best regards
Stéphane Rossé

fernando.mo...@brueggli.ch

Jan 30, 2018, 7:09:10 AM1/30/18
to OpenOLAT
It works now, thanks for the fast response

Greetings
Fernando Morneo