Related to user.dir in openolat (Olat.local.properties)

abdulkh...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2015, 4:51:30 AM1/21/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
I had deployed application on ubuntu server  .

i.e openolat1 server and openolat2 server with updated path userdata.dir=/LMSLogs  in olat.local.properties in both the instances .
I had done NFS on openolat3 server as /LMSLogs i.e. /home/openolat
so that the user data will create/go in following paths of /home/openolat in openolat1 server and openolat 2 server it is creating the data as well and also replicates in both servers .

Here i am getting the probelm suppose i had created course in openolat1 server  as course_openolat1 , i am not able to view in while acessing the openolat2 server. Please let me know what changes need to done on olat.local.properties

so that i can view in both if i created in openolat1 and viceversa.

Florian Gnägi

Jan 21, 2015, 8:27:06 AM1/21/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi

This does not work. OpenOLAT stores some stuff in the database and some other on the filesystem. You could configure OpenOLAT to run in cluster mode using the same filesystem and database, however we can not cover this topic on the mailing list as this gets very complicated.

Why do you want to run it on two servers? Note: you will most likely not get a better scaling by running OpenOLAT as a cluster, it just gets more complicated. The bottleneck usually is the database server and not the OpenOLAT application server. So, you should first have a very, very capable and scalable filesystem and database cluster before you even think about clustering the application server.

Best regards
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT
 hosting - operating - support - development - consulting

frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

skype:gnaegi  twitter:gnaegi  xing:Florian_Gnaegi