Course element internal links

Jeff Underwood

May 6, 2014, 12:01:43 PM5/6/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

Currently i have a course that i am using in OpenOLAT on 5 different environments. I am using the internal link of the course element to go from element to element within the course without having to go "home" and select from the tree. My question is this. since i have the same element on several different environments, is it possible to change the number in the internal link (javascript:parent.gotonode(89445462812218)) to match the other environments element internal links?. I'm looking for a field to change the node number. This all came about as i was trying to fulfill a request to put a link to the evidence of achievement in the course element itself and found that when i logged out and logged back in, this link wouldn't open the evidence of achievement like it had before.
Thank you

Florian Gnägi

May 7, 2014, 2:16:49 AM5/7/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff

You can not change the number, this is a course internal thing.

I’m unsure what you mean by “environment”. Do you mean separate OpenOLAT installations or different courses on the same instance (probably copies of one courses and hence they have the same course node ID’s).

When you want to link from one course to another one you have to use the external link displayed on the course element. The course internal link with the gotonode code is only good for linking within the course.

- Open course editor
- Select the course element you want to link to
- at the bottom of the title and description tab click the “Set link for this course element” link
- Copy / paste the “External link”
- Use this link in another course to link to this course element.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT and OLATpro
 hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting

frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

skype:gnaegi  twitter:gnaegi  xing:Florian_Gnaegi

Jeff Underwood

May 7, 2014, 3:54:22 PM5/7/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Florian,

Florian,
Sorry for the confusion. I mean 5 instances of OpenOLAT (Dev,Test,internal prod, external prod(2))

Thank you for the info. I've been using the internal link to link from one module to another in the same course.

Jeff Underwood

May 13, 2014, 2:18:41 PM5/13/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Florian,

Thanks for the info here. Is it possible to get a internal link for the evidence of achievement? I'd like to place that link in the last page of my course so the user can get the evidence of achievement  from there rather than going to the menu to the right of the course or Home/Evidence of achievement.

thanks,
Jeff

Florian Gnägi

May 14, 2014, 2:24:03 AM5/14/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff

No, unfortunately there is not. But I guess with some funding we can implement this. Let me know if you want to help out here.

Cheers
Florian