URL with absolute path

Kurt

May 15, 2020, 4:14:25 PM5/15/20
to OpenOlat
Hi guys! I'm contacting you with a little problem. Within a course, a URL with absolute path to this page can be accessed on the lower left side. In my installation it says "localhost:8080" as domain. I cannot share such a link, because it leads into the "empty".
In the "olat.properties" I could not find a corresponding entry. Where can this variable be adjusted? Do you have a hint for me? Thanks for your help!
Curt
screenshot_OpenOlat.jpg

Florian Gnaegi

May 16, 2020, 3:59:23 AM5/16/20
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Curt

1) You need to operate your system with a real domain name, not localhost. Normally you do this by setting up a virtual host in the Apache webserver and then connect Apache with the Tomcat application server where OpenOlat runs. On Apache you must also setup your SSL certificate.

2) You need to set the same domain name in your olat.local.properties
server.domainname=openolat.your.domain.com
server.port.ssl=443

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOlat".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de
<screenshot_OpenOlat.jpg>

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOlat
hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting
frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Okenstrasse 6
CH-8037 Zürich, Switzerland

Find me on wire skype twitter xing linkedin

Curt

May 16, 2020, 5:49:23 AM5/16/20
to OpenOlat
Hi Florian,
Thanks for your response!

to 1) Yes, i use a real domain name, not al localhost. The site is also accessible via the net. On Apache i setup my SSL certificate.
to 2) now, i set the domain name in olat.local.properties and the ssl-port.

but i have the same problem.

Is there another clue for me?
if I change something in the olat.local.properties, does the server have to be restarted?
And by the way: in the administration area in the section "info messages" under "static folder" you can find "http://localhost:8080/raw/static/ " ...

I feel like I'm missing something...!?!

thanks for help
Curt

Am 15.05.2020 um 22:14 schrieb 'Kurt' via OpenOlat <open...@googlegroups.com>:

Hi guys! I'm contacting you with a little problem. Within a course, a URL with absolute path to this page can be accessed on the lower left side. In my installation it says "localhost:8080" as domain. I cannot share such a link, because it leads into the "empty".
In the "olat.properties" I could not find a corresponding entry. Where can this variable be adjusted? Do you have a hint for me? Thanks for your help!
Curt

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOlat".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an

Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openolat/1f7f9aa6-bf42-483b-9d1d-7a19c5ffbbde%40googlegroups.com.
<screenshot_OpenOlat.jpg>

Florian Gnaegi

May 16, 2020, 5:53:35 AM5/16/20
to open...@googlegroups.com
Sure, you have to restart when you change the configuration file!

Cheers
Florian

Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

Curt

May 16, 2020, 7:26:00 AM5/16/20
to OpenOlat