How to make the url as a https

bellammal...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2014, 3:07:58 AM9/29/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Could please suggest us, how we will make the url as https supports through OLAT.

Thanks!
Mallikarjuna

Florian Gnägi

Sep 29, 2014, 4:24:09 AM9/29/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mallikarjuna

Set server.port.ssl=443 in your olat.local.properties and all generated URL will become https URLs.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT and OLATpro
 hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting

frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

skype:gnaegi  twitter:gnaegi  xing:Florian_Gnaegi

Hermann Schwärzler

Sep 29, 2014, 5:17:52 AM9/29/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mallikarjuna,

in addition to the setting Florian mentioned you can "enforce" https in
Apache with mod_rewrite like this:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [R=301,L]

Greetings
Hermann

On 09/29/2014 09:07 AM, bellammal...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could please suggest us, how we will make the url as *https* supports
> through OLAT.
>
> Thanks!
> Mallikarjuna
>
> --
> --
> Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
> Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
> Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
> an open...@googlegroups.com
> Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
> openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
> Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
> http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

bellammal...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2014, 5:57:19 AM9/29/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have cahnge for the same its not maintain https.my server.xml attached.and olat.properties server.port.ssl also need to be set as 443?and web.xml also..?

Thanks!
Mallikarjuna
server.xml

bellammal...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2014, 9:10:17 AM10/8/14
to open...@googlegroups.com, bellammal...@gmail.com
Hi,

It seems pages are secured,tested and the url not forming as https,is there any other changes required.and one more still am able to see the credentials in Fiddler tool,not encripted.Please post the suggfestions.

Thanks!
Mallikarjuna

bellammal...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2014, 9:40:40 AM10/17/14
to open...@googlegroups.com, bellammal...@gmail.com
Hi,

I have done the changes according to your comments,now am able redirect to https,but the changes are only working on IE not on Mozilla Firefox and Chrome also.we are using Jboss server 7.1.1.Please let us know How to redirect on these other browsers.

Thanks!
Mallikarjuna