lOAD BALANCING, CLUSTERING AND SESSION REPLICATION

abdulkh...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2014, 7:39:40 AM7/16/14
to open...@googlegroups.com

1)      I had made changes in olat.properties  and deployed and tested for  clustering  through OpenOlat code and it’s not worked.. Please suggest if you have any implementation ideas to work out on this issue's..

# set to Cluster to enable, otherwise use SingleVM to disable cluster features (It’s clearly mentioned in OO)

cluster.mode=SingleVM  //Please let me know on this

#cluster.mode=enabled  //whether we can go

# each node requires a unique ID (1-64) starting at "1"

node.id=4

tomcat.id=${node.id}

we need to do any database clustering also for this related work?

2)      Load Balancing and session Replication:- I had made changes in attached files for apache webserver, and got issue with the server(not able to start the Apache webserver).

           Please find the attached files for the same.

httpd.conf
workers.properies

Stéphane Rossé

Jul 17, 2014, 3:38:32 AM7/17/14
to open...@googlegroups.com, abdulkh...@gmail.com
Hi

Clustering is a legacy feature of OpenOLAt which is not really tested anymore. Use it at your own risk. In olat.local.properties you need to set:

cluster.mode=Cluster

One node and only one node of your cluster need to have:

search.indexing.cronjob=enabled
cluster.singleton.services=enabled

The others must have these properties set to disabled.

search.indexing.cronjob=disabled
cluster.singleton.services=disabled

OpenOLAT ( as we repeat every month in this google group) DOESN'T SUPPORT SESSION REPLICATION
Set in your workers.properties:

worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session=1

Database clustering is not needed, but our experience is that the database is a bottleneck before the java application.

Best regards
Stéphane Rossé

bellammal...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2014, 7:15:13 AM7/23/14
to open...@googlegroups.com, abdulkh...@gmail.com
Hi,

I have done the configuration as bellow for olat.properties as well as olat.local.properties,and should required Apache server workers.properties and httpd.conf? for clustering? or bellow configuration is enough?

First node Configuration:-

cluster.mode=Cluster
search.indexing.cronjob=enabled
cluster.singleton.services=enabled