External Integration

Rajib Rath

Apr 25, 2020, 1:11:01 PM4/25/20
to OpenOlat
Dear Sir / Madam,

I want to integrate some extra application as external tool to OLAT. Please guide me on  how to do following things:

  • Zoom video call application integration.
  • How to use bigbluebutton and other integrated external applications.
  • In order to use existing integrated external application do i need to run respective application in my server, If so please guide me how to do it.
If you have any kind of reference that might help me with my requirements, please provide the links.

kindly help me out with above.

Regards,
Rajib R

Florian Gnaegi

Apr 27, 2020, 3:38:36 AM4/27/20
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rajib

I want to integrate some extra application as external tool to OLAT. Please guide me on  how to do following things:

  • Zoom video call application integration.

Zoom can be integrated using the LTI course element. Integration does not offer a great benefit however, the presenters must manage the meetings in the Zoom Interface and configure the course element for each meeting. Most of our clients using Zoom just publish the meeting link in OpenOlat, e.g. by using the info course element of by making a meeting event in the calendar and put the link there.

We could implement dedicated Zoom module for a better implementation, effort is about 10 development days. Please contact me privately if you are willing to fund this development.

  • How to use bigbluebutton and other integrated external applications.

Other: You can always upload HTML5 content, embed local or remote SCORM content and use IMS LTI to integrate whatever educational tool that supports this standard.

  • In order to use existing integrated external application do i need to run respective application in my server, If so please guide me how to do it.

There is no general way to do it, it totally depends on the app and the options it offers. We can offer you commercial consulting and support. If you are interested you can contact me privately.

If you want to do it yourself, a good start is to download the code from github, read the code and figure our how to do what you want do do. You need to have a expert Java knowledge and should be familiar with operating an enterprise grade java application environment and database.

If you are interested in commercial hosting and operating, please contact me privately.

Cheers
Florian

If you have any kind of reference that might help me with my requirements, please provide the links.

kindly help me out with above.

Regards,
Rajib R

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOlat".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOlat
hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting
frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Okenstrasse 6
CH-8037 Zürich, Switzerland

Find me on wire skype twitter xing linkedin