Uload files with Native name

Alexander Sharabarin

Mar 17, 2020, 5:15:56 AM3/17/20
to OpenOlat
Dear colleagues, I found the next limitation while try to upload file with Russian chars in name.
Error message: "This file name contains invalid characters. Please remove these special characters before uploading the file again."

Could I hope then you think about to add possibility to set the range not only "Latin-1"? Or provide other solutions?

Thanks!

/**
 * Simple check for filename validity.
 * It compares each character if it is accepted, forbidden or in a certain (Latin-1) range. <p>
 * Characters < 33 --> control characters and space
 * Characters > 255 --> above ASCII
 * TODO: control chars from 127 - 157 should also not be accepted
 * TODO: how about non ascii chars in filenames, they should also work! See: OLAT-5704
 *

Urs Hensler

Mar 18, 2020, 3:14:23 PM3/18/20
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexander,

First of all, your provided link does not reference to the official OpenOlat repository on Github, but to a mirror of our outdated Mercurial repository. Please, use https://github.com/OpenOLAT/OpenOLAT instead. Which version have you installed?

OpenOlat does not support character in file names outside the Latin-1 range because not all Operating Systems does support them. We often had troubles e.g. with WebDAV clients on Windows or file downloads on rare unix systems.

We do not have plans to change this behaviors nor do we provide other solutions.

Bye,
Urs

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOlat".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

Alexander Sharabarin

Mar 19, 2020, 4:13:15 AM3/19/20
to OpenOlat