Moving openolat data in other server

abdulkh...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2014, 3:26:04 AM12/3/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,
I had deployed openolat application on server 111 host in ubuntu OS and need to configure the openolat data on server 222 like \openolat\olatdata\bcroot on another machine.
because of the space probelm in server 111.
Please let me know what changes needs to done so that the data will be created on server 222. so that the application will works smoothly.

whether this will work like making changes ...in olat.local.properties.

#userdata.dir=/222/home/Openolat/openolat
#log.dir=/222/home/Openolat/openolat/Logs

Florian Gnägi

Dec 3, 2014, 3:01:26 PM12/3/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Just move the stuff to the new server and make the change in the userdata.dir variable in the olat.local.properties.

As long as you don't change the domain name or the context path you don't have to do anything else. Whenever you change the context path or the domain name you have to searche/replace your filesystem and database.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT and OLATpro
 hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting

frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

skype:gnaegi  twitter:gnaegi  xing:Florian_Gnaegi

abdulkh...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2014, 6:12:00 AM12/5/14
to open...@googlegroups.com

I had put  this not worked..

How can i give the exact path of other server(192.168.122.222) in this properties in ubuntu OS.

Florian Gnägi

Dec 5, 2014, 6:32:30 AM12/5/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Please do it like it is done in the example properties file and use a local path on your local system.

Where did you read that you could configure ssh-like remote path? I mean, how should java.io.File deal with this??

Read the documentation of your operating system how to mount remote file systems. A good way to start is to google for “NFS”. OpenOLAT only supports a locally mounted filesystem. Wether this is physically on local disks or on a remote NAS is absolutely up to you.

Cheers
Florian