Unable to setup OpenOlat: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

Kelvin Ikome

Apr 6, 2020, 3:37:05 PM4/6/20
to OpenOlat
Hi everyone,

I came across OpenOlat recently and decided to give it a shot. However, I have a difficulty setting it up.

Following this documentation: https://www.openolat.com/fileadmin/adminwiki/_START_.html I get the following error on starting up tomcat.

20:32:09.747 [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR org.olat.upgrade.DatabaseUpgradeManager - Could not upgrade your database! Please do it manually and add
java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

I have mysql driver in tomcat lib directory. Any ideas on how to go about it would be greatly appreciated.

Kelvin :)