Error installing 12.1.3

jjde...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2017, 2:57:08 AM10/31/17
to OpenOLAT
Hi,

Trying to install 12.1.3 on Ubuntu 16.04 with MySQL.

I think I've followed the installation instructions (done it 3 times) and still get the same error when starting Tomcat.

In the olat.log file I get this:
2017-10-31 00:33:16,426 [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR SqlExceptionHelper  - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'of plockimpl0_' at line 1

Followed later in the file by:
2017-10-31 00:33:16,437 [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR ContextLoader  - Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'socialModule' defined in file [/home/parallels/openolat-1213/WEB-INF/classes/org/olat/social/SocialModule.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'coordinatorManager' defined in class path resource [org/olat/commons/coordinate/cluster/_spring/coordinateContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'org.olat.core.util.coordinate.ClusterCoordinator' while setting bean property 'coordinator'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.olat.core.util.coordinate.ClusterCoordinator' defined in class path resource [org/olat/commons/coordinate/cluster/_spring/coordinateContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'clusterLocker' while setting bean property 'locker'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'clusterLocker' defined in class path resource [org/olat/commons/coordinate/cluster/_spring/coordinateContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'org.olat.commons.coordinate.cluster.ClusterSyncer' while setting bean property 'syncer'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.olat.commons.coordinate.cluster.ClusterSyncer' defined in class path resource [org/olat/commons/coordinate/cluster/_spring/coordinateContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'lockManager' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'lockManager' defined in file [/home/parallels/openolat-1213/WEB-INF/classes/org/olat/core/commons/services/lock/pessimistic/PessimisticLockManager.class]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not extract ResultSet
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.createArgumentArray(ConstructorResolver.java:749)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:189)

And then:
PessimisticLockManager.class]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not extract ResultSet
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:359)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:108)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1531)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1276)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:553)

Any idea what the issue could be. I've connect to MySQL using MySQL Workbench and the oodbu user with no issues.

Thanks

Florian Gnägi

Oct 31, 2017, 3:09:09 AM10/31/17
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Did you initialise the OpenOLAT database schema? This must be done manually. When you log into the database and you execute „show tables“ do you see all the OpenOLAT tables?

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT
hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting
frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

Find me on skype  twitter xing linkedin

jjde...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2017, 3:46:04 PM10/31/17
to OpenOLAT
Hi,

Thanks for responding. I followed these installation instructions: https://www.openolat.com/fileadmin/adminwiki/_START_.html

I went through them again and still getting the same exception. This exception is near the bottom of the olat.log file:

Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'of plockimpl0_' at line 1
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.

I don't believe MySQL has an OF keyword but postgres does. Looks like I might be using the wrong grammar/hibernate configuration?

Also, looking at the persistence.xml, there is a mention of jboss (wildfly). I deployed to Tomcat. Could this be an issue?

Thanks for you help.

Stéphane Rossé

Nov 1, 2017, 4:54:52 AM11/1/17
to OpenOLAT
Hi

You specify the grammar for hibernate with this option in olat.local.properties:

db.vendor=mysql

But it's the default. Check that you don't have the one for Postgres which is db.vendor=postgresql

In persistence.xml, the line for jboss wildly is only for it (it specify the version of hibernate we need) and doesn't influence an installation on Tomcat.

Best regards
Stéphane Rossé

jjde...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2017, 2:00:38 PM11/1/17