REST API group file upload

Thilo Boehm

Aug 11, 2014, 4:49:57 PM8/11/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am trying to upload files to a group folder via the REST API.
In the documentation (9.4.1) I found:

/groups/{groupKey}/folder

POST

acceptable request representations:

  • application/x-www-form-urlencoded
But if I try this URL I always get a 403/Forbidden response.
In the sourcecode I don't find any hint to this REST-Call.

Any hints?

Kind regards
Thilo

Florian Gnägi

Aug 14, 2014, 2:15:26 PM8/14/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thilo

Just tested, works as expected.

- make sure after folder is no slash:
  e.g. .../restapi/groups/45547525/folder and not …/restapi/groups/45547525/folder/
- does the user have access rights to this group?
- is the folder tool enabled for this group?
- did you use the authentication mechanism? You can use restapi/auth/username?password=1234 to generate an X-OLAT-TOKEN for the following requests or add the authentication to every request using the standard http authentication mechanism.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT and OLATpro
 hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting

frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

skype:gnaegi  twitter:gnaegi  xing:Florian_Gnaegi

Thilo Boehm

Aug 15, 2014, 9:20:17 AM8/15/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian,

yes to all of your questions.
It looks like it has something to do with the Content-Type mulipart/form-data.
If I just add a file (a jpg for example) OpenOLAT can not resolve the filename at Line 277 in VFSWebservice.java:

String filename = partsReader.getValue("filename");

It works if a add another part to the request with the name "filename" and the filename as content.

That's a bit strange, as the filename is already available in the Content-Type Header:

------=_Part_1_13739372.1408108612819

test2.jpg
------=_Part_1_13739372.1408108612819

Regards