OLAT install issue

Edventure Inc

Oct 10, 2020, 9:03:23 PM10/10/20
to OpenOlat
Hi all,
I am trying to install OpenOLAT following the https://www.openolat.com/fileadmin/adminwiki/_START_.html with the following particulars.
a) Tomcat 8.5.58 downloaded from the Tomcat and uploaded to openolat/downloads via WinSCP,
b) Java jdk8u265-b01 downloaded from  AdoptOpenJDK (I guess you could add your recommendation to the wiki....and celebrate freedom of opensource)
c) logged in as root and installed postgresql-12 using standard sudo command.

followed all the instructions to the tee, but i get a long error list. I am not t all familiar with java. .... help please....
log_catalina.txt

Steven

Oct 12, 2020, 8:21:41 AM10/12/20
to OpenOlat
Hello,

have you adjusted the paths in the configuration files?

./lib/olat.local.properties
./conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml
./lib/log4j2.xml

Edventure Inc

Oct 12, 2020, 2:17:55 PM10/12/20
to OpenOlat

If you mean to ask if i created the files in their respective directories....i did
nano ~/lib/olat.local.properties and filled in the details as per the install manual.

I have a question though about the step:
Set up tomcat in home directory
mkdir bin conf lib run logs

Is this to be done in the /home/openolat or in /home/openolat /tomcat directory..?

Steven

Oct 15, 2020, 4:26:18 AM10/15/20
to OpenOlat
You always start from your base directory. In your case this would be "/home/openolat"

It should look like this:

# /home/openolat
#     ├── apache-tomcat-8.5.57
#     │   ├── bin
#     │   ├── conf
#     │   ├── lib
#     │   ├── logs
#     │   ├── temp
#     │   ├── webapps
#     │   └── work
#     ├── bin
#     ├── conf
#     │   └── Catalina
#     ├── downloads
#     ├── jre -> jre1.8.0_261
#     ├── jre1.8.0_261
#     │   ├── bin
#     │   ├── legal
#     │   ├── lib
#     │   ├── man
#     │   └── plugin
#     ├── lib
#     ├── logs
#     ├── openolat-1512
#     │   ├── META-INF
#     │   ├── static
#     │   └── WEB-INF
#     ├── run
#     ├── tomcat -> apache-tomcat-8.5.57
#     ├── webapp -> openolat-1512
#     └── webapps