infinispan configuration required for Olat

bellammal...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2014, 4:31:39 AM6/4/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi team,

Can you help us regarding what are the configurations required for Clustering and Load balancing by taking infinispan what we have in OLAT.

we are going to deply olat.war in Jboss 7.1.1

Thanks!
Malliakrjuna Bellam

Florian Gnägi

Jun 10, 2014, 5:22:50 AM6/10/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Read the olat.properties file and search for cluster. You can copy all the cluster related settings to your olat.local.properties file and make the changes according to your needs.

There is no “this is how yo do it” because it really depends on your needs and setup. There are little cases where clustering make sense at all since the cluster mode does not implement "real" clustering. E.g. it does not offer fail over (no session replication), it is just good to handle more users. However, before you need a cluster to handle the users you will need to cluster your database because this will be your first bottleneck, not the OpenOLAT application server. If you can, avoid clustering, and add more CPU and RAM to your server instead.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT and OLATpro
 hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting

frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

skype:gnaegi  twitter:gnaegi  xing:Florian_Gnaegi

bellammal...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2014, 6:41:53 AM7/14/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

some more help required on some points,can you please detailed

1.olat properties file changes are enough for clustering,like Apache web server kind of servers required?
2.I have deployed the war file on Jboss,on top of this is there any servers required to listen port? or in our olat itself configuration will be done?
3.in our OLAT where the session handling is done,what are the files involved on this session handling.?
4.is there any additional code to write for clustering and load balancing?
5.if already we have the implementation where it is?if there means what i need to enable?

Thanks!
Mallikarjuna